CMS Development

3WiseMonkeys
Membro

Shopify Store in hubspot CMS?

resolver

Hey, I'm looking for a nudge in the right direction for setting up an e-commerce store as part of our business. 

We're a climbing centre and we have an in store climbing shoe shop. Because our centre is in a popular climbing holiday destination we get a lot of visiting climbers, and they could be encouraged to shop with us online when they head home, as well as online shopping climbers being encouraged to visit us on holiday. 

We use the hubspot CMS, and I'm keen to utilise the shopify integration, but I don't know how best to think about mapping the store to the existing website. I believe I have the folling options:

1. Create a shopify store on a separate web address, and integrate with my hubspot account. Use CTAs from the website to take you to the online store, and use purchases as a trigger for marketing about the climbing centre. This would mean we could tailor the site URLS and marketing specifically to sale of climbing shoes online (something like ClimbingShoeExpert.com) but it would mean we'd be starting from scratch with our SEO etc. I also don't know whether hubspot would let us just bolt a store with a different URL on the side? 

2. Embed shopify within the CMS on our current website under a .com/shop URL. That's how our previous wordpress hosted store worked (albeit badly). I can't figure out where to start with this in terms of building, integrations etc. It's got advantages in that the brands are clearly more linked, but may lead to a more confused site.  

3. I know the other option is shop.threewisemonkeysclimbing.com and host there, but does that mean needing to host the shop.subdomain at shopify or hubspot? The latter involves upgrading to an enterprise CMS or Marketing hub, neither of which we could afford to consider now. 

I'm sure I've missed something and haven't necessarily considered the pros and cons right - any tips gratefully received! 

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Solução aceitas
darynsmith
Solução
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite

resolver

Hi @3WiseMonkeys 

Here is some input on the options you layed out, also happy to chat further - I will add my meetings link at the end of this, or you can coordiante with Rebecca.

1. You are correct, you can have a seperate domain and this will require additional SEO work. You can create blog posts however on your main website, and link to pages on your shopify store which will carry some SEO value. On the negative side, you need to maintain both your HubSpot site and then your Shopify site. My recommendation would be to have a Shopify site with very little content so that you not having to maintain both.

2. If you www website is on HubSpot, you cannot add a different SaaS solution such as Shopify onto a folder like /shop 

I'm not sure how many products you have, but with the new CMS Enterprise - you are able to build eCommerce functions directly within HubSpot with no need for something like Shopify. However, this doesn't work very well if you have more than around 20 products at the moment.

3. You can setup a sub-domain such as shop.threewisemonkeysclimbing.com - this won't be done in HubSpot, but rather on your DNS providers management console. So no need to upgrade HubSpot. It has the same positives and negatives as your option 1. 

Here is my meetings link if you want chat through these further: https://www.hubledigital.com/meetings/daryn-smith 

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital

Exibir solução no post original

jonchim
Solução
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hey @3WiseMonkeys,

I wrote a post here on how to build shopify products on HubSpot pages that will add to a Shopify Cart that points to a shop. subdomain. Maybe this may influence which way you.

https://www.moreycreative.com/blog/how-to-build-your-shopify-products-in-hubspot

As Daryn, stated it depends how many products you have, if you have hundreds it might not be worth the effort to build? But there might be an interesting HubDB solution here.

One of our clients here I used shopify for site built in HubSpot CMS
https://www.paesana.com/

Jon Chim
VP of Design & Development
Hypha HubSpot Development

check Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
jonchim
Solução

resolver

Hey @3WiseMonkeys,

I wrote a post here on how to build shopify products on HubSpot pages that will add to a Shopify Cart that points to a shop. subdomain. Maybe this may influence which way you.

https://www.moreycreative.com/blog/how-to-build-your-shopify-products-in-hubspot

As Daryn, stated it depends how many products you have, if you have hundreds it might not be worth the effort to build? But there might be an interesting HubDB solution here.

One of our clients here I used shopify for site built in HubSpot CMS
https://www.paesana.com/

Jon Chim
VP of Design & Development
Hypha HubSpot Development

check Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
darynsmith
Solução

resolver

Hi @3WiseMonkeys 

Here is some input on the options you layed out, also happy to chat further - I will add my meetings link at the end of this, or you can coordiante with Rebecca.

1. You are correct, you can have a seperate domain and this will require additional SEO work. You can create blog posts however on your main website, and link to pages on your shopify store which will carry some SEO value. On the negative side, you need to maintain both your HubSpot site and then your Shopify site. My recommendation would be to have a Shopify site with very little content so that you not having to maintain both.

2. If you www website is on HubSpot, you cannot add a different SaaS solution such as Shopify onto a folder like /shop 

I'm not sure how many products you have, but with the new CMS Enterprise - you are able to build eCommerce functions directly within HubSpot with no need for something like Shopify. However, this doesn't work very well if you have more than around 20 products at the moment.

3. You can setup a sub-domain such as shop.threewisemonkeysclimbing.com - this won't be done in HubSpot, but rather on your DNS providers management console. So no need to upgrade HubSpot. It has the same positives and negatives as your option 1. 

Here is my meetings link if you want chat through these further: https://www.hubledigital.com/meetings/daryn-smith 

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital
sharonlicari
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hey @3WiseMonkeys 

Thank you for the information provided.I'll tag a few experts that can share their experience with you.    

Hey @darynsmith @Bryantworks @himanshurauthan  any thoughts you would like to share with @3WiseMonkeys  

Thanks & Happy Friday

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Avaliação positiva