CMS Development

DeeMacD
Contributor

Setting up case study pages as a blog template

Hi Guys,

I have been looking into the differences between using a blog template vs a normal page template for case study pages. It sounds like it is a common approach, but I have a few questions around some of the finer details. I am pretty new to HubSpot, so hopefully this makes sense.

• Are there any benefits to using the normal page template over blog templates? Is there any additional functionality that we would lose?
  • With content staging you can switch out a new page with the old page and keep the url without having to setup any redirects, take down the old page, etc. Can this be done with blog pages?
  • Presently we have a lot of case study pages. Is there any way of getting the dynamically populated functionality via RSS feeds without having to move all the current info over to new blog templates? The way I had originally been told to do it was to manually input the data into a summary style list on listing pages, but we wouldn’t get any dynamically populated content around the site this way. I myself am against this approach as we are using a few different templates for case study pages, and they all have different field names for the same pieces of info. They will also be re-developed anyway, into the new template.
  • If we decide further down the line that we would like to expose additional fields like location or number of employees, is this possible with either approach (RSS feed or blog template)
  • Is there a way of adding featured content into listing view so as to bump something to the top?
  • Is there a way of separating out tagging functionality by template or having some kind of grouping attached to it e.g. has case-studies in URL? I am currently showing a list of all available tags to filter by in the blogs listing page. I don’t want the case study tags to show in this area too. Vice versa for blog tags coming through to case study listing pages. I can see that in the tagging section in HubSpot settings you can filter by template, so I’m guessing you can do the same when showing tags on a page?
  • Is there a way of mixing dynamic content with manually entered content on the listing page so as to show info from current case study pages without copying the info over to a new case study blog page? Note, there will be more than one listing landing page. My intention is to set up around 12, with a different filter applied for each one, using this as a way of separating out the category (tag).

This is what I am trying to achieve with the listing page, which will also be used around the site as most recent/featured listing from 'this' topic.
2019-01-08_15-49-01.png

I have probably asked way too many questions here.
If this is too long and I should break it down or I have put it in the wrong place then please let me know.

Thanks heaps team 🙂

Dee

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @DeeMacD,

Have you connected with HubSpot's support team on this? It seems like they may be the best resource for this. 

0 Upvotes
DeeMacD
Contributor

Thanks Mikamae,
I'll try them. I thought these sort of questions would be more for the community.
Thanks heaps
0 Upvotes