CMS Development

gilik

Set the user email in hubspot cookie from JavaScript or HubL

SOLVE

I have a CMS page that authenticates the user using a third party auth library (https://github.com/firebase/firebaseui-web) - Once user logs in. with their email,  I want all CMS tracking  / form submissions to behave as if the user submitted a form with their email address (I assume that this stores something in the hubspot cookie). Can I do that from Javascript or Hubl?

1 Accepted solution
daveroma
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hey @gilik 

HubSpot will be able to make the connection between the user and their information in the CRM once that user has a CRM record.

If the user is authenticating for the first time you could use the HubSpot Forms API to create a new CRM record thereby allowing HubSpot to associate the website visitor with their CRM data.

Sidenote: you can do this out of the box now with HubSpot's Membership Content feature (available with CMS Enterprise)

Let me know how this goes.

Dave Roma,
HubSpot CMS Developer

Build a revenue generating website on HubSpot without a developer using The Generator Theme

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
daveroma
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @gilik 

HubSpot will be able to make the connection between the user and their information in the CRM once that user has a CRM record.

If the user is authenticating for the first time you could use the HubSpot Forms API to create a new CRM record thereby allowing HubSpot to associate the website visitor with their CRM data.

Sidenote: you can do this out of the box now with HubSpot's Membership Content feature (available with CMS Enterprise)

Let me know how this goes.

Dave Roma,
HubSpot CMS Developer

Build a revenue generating website on HubSpot without a developer using The Generator Theme

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @gilik 

Thank you for the information provided. I'll tag a few of our experts that can share their thoughts with you.  

Hey @Kevin-C @daveroma @prosa could you please advise @gilik?   

Thank you & Happy Friday

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes