CMS Development

BenLerner-Paio
Member | Platinum Partner

SearchInput Module - Only showing results from 1 blog?

SOLVE

Hey all,

I'm using the default HubSpot 'search_input' module on my site and for some reason, it is only showing results from one of our blogs (we have 3).  

I've tried creating a custom module (copying the module) , and adding specific parameters to force the search results to take into consideration the other blogs (referenced this article / the APIs) but no luck.  Still only showing the one blog.

Anyone have any idea where else this setting can be / be hard coded . overridden?

Best,

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks @dennisedson ! 

@BenLerner-Paio - I was just doing some testing on my portal - I have several blogs, some on the same subdomain (www.stephanie... .) and some on subdomains (e.g. foodie.stephanie...) and I noticed that search results only returned the ones on the same subdomain. 

Is there a chance you have the other blogs on different subdomains? If that's the case, there's some discussion about how to solve that here. Apparently updating the API version on the module is a solution.

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

Freelance HubSpot CMS Developer

Website | Contact

View solution in original post

BenLerner-Paio
Solution

SOLVE

Hey!  I actually saw that as well.   Oddly enough, someone had added a noindex / nofollow meta tags to these other blogs which was causing the error.   I had tried the API fix that you mentioned as well so marking this as solved as well as this answer in hopes of helping others.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

When in doubt, holler for the person who wrote the article 😜

@Stephanie-OG , would you be willing to help out here ?

Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks @dennisedson ! 

@BenLerner-Paio - I was just doing some testing on my portal - I have several blogs, some on the same subdomain (www.stephanie... .) and some on subdomains (e.g. foodie.stephanie...) and I noticed that search results only returned the ones on the same subdomain. 

Is there a chance you have the other blogs on different subdomains? If that's the case, there's some discussion about how to solve that here. Apparently updating the API version on the module is a solution.

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

Freelance HubSpot CMS Developer

Website | Contact

BenLerner-Paio
Solution

SOLVE

Hey!  I actually saw that as well.   Oddly enough, someone had added a noindex / nofollow meta tags to these other blogs which was causing the error.   I had tried the API fix that you mentioned as well so marking this as solved as well as this answer in hopes of helping others.  Thanks!

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey, @BenLerner-Paio! Thanks for the follow-up! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you, @Stephanie-OG 🙌

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes