CMS Development

kevinfilteau
Participant

Search in the right locale (ok), and show the right theme (not ok).

I have a website, it runs on two themes.

One is loaded for all 'en-ca' pages and the other for 'en-us' (with the param in the url) pages.

But since Hubspot settings set only a default search results page for the main domain, it load only the default 'en-ca' theme.

I managed to set the search results page to show the results on the correct locale only, but...

I can't show the right header and footer because even if I'm the /en-us/ site, it shows the /search page instead of /en-us/search page.

I managed by calling different header with a if elif method but, I can't edit the header in the system page.

My next step is to dev an entire new search interface leveraging the search API, but it is no short task.

Anyone has a clue ?

Thanks !

8 Replies 8
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @kevinfilteau 👋 Thank you for sharing your questions. Hey, @Jnix284 @Indra @LMeert, can you lend a hand here? 

Thank you! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Thanks for the tag @Jaycee_Lewis  and definitely a bit of a conundrum @kevinfilteau .

If it were the same theme and you were using a language switcher, changing the header out would be a lot simpler, but trying to change the header/footer on the system page for search results only when it is using a single template from a single theme is a bit more complex than what I'm able to help with. 

TBH the search results page being global and not per domain is a major issue within HubSpot and I'd love to see this improved.

I couldn't find an idea for this in the Ideas discussion, if you want to add it, I'll happily upvote! 

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

kevinfilteau
Participant

It is per say on the same theme, it's the issue. System pages load only the default theme, not the theme I can set per page. How can I change the header / footer with the language switcher ? It might be an option! Thank you again.

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

@kevinfilteau I'm not sure what you mean, is it the same theme or are there two separate themes (like 2 child themes)? If it is the exact same files, then adding a language switcher to the header that recognizes the en-us vs en-ca would do the trick - but search is per domain, so if you have these as separate domains, that's a different issue altogether.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

kevinfilteau
Participant

I drew a basic sketch, I hope it will help understand.

IMG_9968.jpg

IMG_9969.jpg

Jnix284

@kevinfilteau based on the sketch, I don't think what you're trying to do will be possible based on the limitations within the HubSpot settings and the theme/template structuring of the child themes.

Maybe one of the others know of a custom coded solution to implement, otherwise back to my original suggestion of creating an idea to request unique system pages per domain.

kevinfilteau
Participant

Thank you for you time ! Truly appreciated. I'll submit my idea.

kevinfilteau
Participant

Thanks for your answer. The search seem to be per domain. The problem is actually that is not working according to the page locale. I would like to name the website so you can see, but not publicly.