CMS Development

MValdesB

Search for old URLs throughout the website content and replace them with current URLs to avoid 301 r

SOLVE

It is very time-consuming to replace all the old internal links with the current URLs, do you know if there is a way to find all the old URLs around the whole website and replace them? to avoid 301 redirects

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Search for old URLs throughout the website content and replace them with current URLs to avoid 301 r

SOLVE

@MValdesB If you're using CMS Hub, I highly recommend using the "content" link type so that any changes to internal pages are automatically updated.

If you've created "external" URLs for content, the SEO tool will flag your broken internal links now.

Jnix284_0-1683909483158.png

The HubSpot SEO tool has had a lot of updates lately, the flag for broken external and internal links has been a gamechanger for content management.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

Indra
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@Jaycee_Lewis thanks for mentioning!

@Hi @MValdesB,

When having an existing website and want to improve SEO, it's best to replace broken links for the correct ones, since you want to have as less redirects on you website. We use a tool like Screaming frog to analyize a website for all (especially) broken links. When it's possible search and replace the link, otherwise setup a redirectlist to correct the broken links.

Vet Digital - The Growth Agency | HubSpot Solutions Partner Agency

Did my post solve your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Indra
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@Jaycee_Lewis thanks for mentioning!

@Hi @MValdesB,

When having an existing website and want to improve SEO, it's best to replace broken links for the correct ones, since you want to have as less redirects on you website. We use a tool like Screaming frog to analyize a website for all (especially) broken links. When it's possible search and replace the link, otherwise setup a redirectlist to correct the broken links.

Vet Digital - The Growth Agency | HubSpot Solutions Partner Agency

Did my post solve your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@MValdesB If you're using CMS Hub, I highly recommend using the "content" link type so that any changes to internal pages are automatically updated.

If you've created "external" URLs for content, the SEO tool will flag your broken internal links now.

Jnix284_0-1683909483158.png

The HubSpot SEO tool has had a lot of updates lately, the flag for broken external and internal links has been a gamechanger for content management.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi, @MValdesB. Thanks for your question. I'd like to invite a few community members to the conversation. Hey, @Jnix284 @jonchim @Indra, have you helped clients with a project like this? In my experience, this is a big project without a one-click solution. And I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thank you! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot