CMS Development

dieutruong
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Search Function shows description not relevant to keyword

SOLVE

Hi guys, when we try to search with the text "popular", the result shows the same description as "Drab to Fab".

The reason for this is Hubspot would take the whole HTML in the page to index and unfortunately we have some blogs' content fixed inside the top-nav.

According to the document of Hubspot, currently, there is no way to customize the query searching. I think it is quite a common issue, have you ever dealt with it before?

Bests,

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
stefen
Solution
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

SOLVE

@dennisedson @dieutruong It sounds like you could make the relevancy minimum score threshold slightly higher to prevent those extra results from returning. I had a similar issue with too many results returning because of the global elements on the page being indexed and I found the number "0.0125" to be the perfect threshold. You can just add it to the module's search endpoint api in the JS file or as a hidden input in your form.

&minScore=0.0125

more info here https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/content/search-for-content

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
stefen
Solution
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

SOLVE

@dennisedson @dieutruong It sounds like you could make the relevancy minimum score threshold slightly higher to prevent those extra results from returning. I had a similar issue with too many results returning because of the global elements on the page being indexed and I found the number "0.0125" to be the perfect threshold. You can just add it to the module's search endpoint api in the JS file or as a hidden input in your form.

&minScore=0.0125

more info here https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/content/search-for-content

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer
0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@stefen , not sure why I have decided to tag you in on all things CMS search, but here we are 🤣

Any thoughts?

0 Upvotes