CMS Development

tmcmillan99
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Elite

Sandbox - testing private content membership

Résolue

I have created a sandbox from a client's portal so that I can test new functionality that is needed. However, when I change a website page's settings so that it's "Private - Registration required", I am not receiving the membership registration email. I have a contact set up that is part of a list used for the private content. The contact's email is different than the one I am using to log into the sandbox. All of the private content settings appear to be setup. 

This is my first time using a sandbox so it's very possible that I missed some setup needed for emails to work. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry McMillan

1 Solution acceptée
tmcmillan99
Solution

Résolue

Since I was needing to figure out a solution sooner than later, I went ahead and logged a support ticket. Here is the response from support in case someone else runs into this issue. 

"I attempted to do this in my own sandbox account too and was unable to send emails. I reached out to our developer team and they have confirmed that this is expected behavior. This is because the account is publishing to an internal domain, like the default hs-site.com, so emails do not send. The way to solve this is to connect a custom "test" domain. Once you do this you should be able to change where the landing page is publishing to and the email should send then. I will also share this article as a reference for setting up your sandbox account."

Not really the answer I was hoping for but I understand the reasoning. I am assuming most people like us, don't have an extra unused domain that could be used for testing. Plus, I haven't seen a way to manual add a contact to membership in order to bypass the email issue. 

Terry

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

5 Réponses
KSmithIllumine8
Contributeur

Résolue

Replying because I need this as well and having to set up a whole domain to test such an important feature is pretty ridiculous. Anyone know of a way to manually register test contacts and log in as them so that we can at least test the page content?

0 Votes
BobHutchings
Participant

Résolue

Was a viable solution to this problem ever found?  I'm in the exact same situation myself. I really need to be able to test membership functionality in a sandbox account and don't have access to an unused "test" domain that I can attach.  Is there some way to assign login credentials to a sandbox contact?

0 Votes
tmcmillan99
Solution

Résolue

Since I was needing to figure out a solution sooner than later, I went ahead and logged a support ticket. Here is the response from support in case someone else runs into this issue. 

"I attempted to do this in my own sandbox account too and was unable to send emails. I reached out to our developer team and they have confirmed that this is expected behavior. This is because the account is publishing to an internal domain, like the default hs-site.com, so emails do not send. The way to solve this is to connect a custom "test" domain. Once you do this you should be able to change where the landing page is publishing to and the email should send then. I will also share this article as a reference for setting up your sandbox account."

Not really the answer I was hoping for but I understand the reasoning. I am assuming most people like us, don't have an extra unused domain that could be used for testing. Plus, I haven't seen a way to manual add a contact to membership in order to bypass the email issue. 

Terry

dennisedson
Équipe de développement de HubSpot
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Résolue

@tmcmillan99

Thanks for posting the answer you received from support.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of bad actors who would take advantage of the ability to send email 😥

0 Votes
tmcmillan99

Résolue

Being able to use the membership option is critical to me testing and implementing the rest of the functionality needed. As a workaround to the emails not being sent, is there a way that I can manually add the user/password to the membership/private content?

Thanks,

Terry