CMS Development

mdenning
Participante

Return certain number of blog posts in two sets

resolver

Hi, when coding my blog template I'm wondering what's the best way to return 5 blog posts, then a regular text block, followed by the next 5 post in chronological order? 

Basically I'm pulling in 10 posts in the top half but using "display:none" to hide posts 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. After that, I have the the text block "Let us help you do more", followed by another set of 10 blog posts but hiding posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 this time.

This way seems a bit "hacky" and not great for accessibility so if anyone can think of alternative ways to accomplish this that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
pixl_labs
Solución
Colaborador

resolver

If you want to add a text block, just choose the index of your loop and add an if statement. You may need to change the 10 you're pulling in to 11.

{% if loop.index == 6 %}
  ADD YOUR TEXT BLOCK 
{% endif %}

Joshua Todd | CEO of Pixl Labs  

👉www.pixllabs.io 

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
pixl_labs
Solución
Colaborador

resolver

If you want to add a text block, just choose the index of your loop and add an if statement. You may need to change the 10 you're pulling in to 11.

{% if loop.index == 6 %}
  ADD YOUR TEXT BLOCK 
{% endif %}

👉www.pixllabs.io 

mdenning
Participante

resolver

Hi @pixl_labs, appreciate the reply that's exactly what I was looking for.

Now if I wanted to pull my text block (below) into the code to add in that loop, how would I go about doing that?Capture.PNG Basically I need this text block to be editable for the content team but it needs to be inserted in the code at that 6th spot in the loop. Thanks!

0 Me gusta
pixl_labs
Colaborador

resolver

I'd recommend creating a custom module for them instead. 
Make the text block into fields on the module.

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/building-blocks/modules

Hope that helps!

👉www.pixllabs.io