CMS Development

Ntbrown
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Restricted field types in themes

Looks like themes are broken, yet again.

Add a date or datetime field type. Try to push it up through the CLI you get a "restricted field type" error and the CLI refuses to push theme changes up.

Text fields still have issues in themes per my last post

0 Upvotes
5 Antworten
fm360
Teilnehmer/-in

@Ntbrown this is really a bummer...

0 Upvotes
Manobyte
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner

I am also expereancing this error for text, link and url fields.

Ntbrown
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

@Manobyte  in short... The issue is that they're not supported in themes. The documentation is hot garbage and mixes up what fields are supported and which aren't in modules vs themes.

Even something as simple as urls etc aren't supported and will throw an error in the CLI. As you noted. Same for various other fields you didn't mention. I have no idea why the dev team thought it'd be a great idea to restrict theme vs module fields.

The entire idea of a theme is being open ended and empowering the devs making theme... while simultaneously restricting the entire concept. Just one more HubSpot "feature" I guess.

@sharonlicari Does the dev team have any intention of fixing this....? HubSpot's already an extremely poor dev environment and website builder. I'd imagine crippling peoples flows even further, after releasing a feature to assuage this, when much better alternatives such as WordPress already exist is probably a bad idea.

Here's a short list to make the platform suck less:

1. Fix the broken theme functionality

2. Add more field logic gates. Codependencies, etcetera. Same as #1. Inherently crippling what people can make.

3. Add the ability to generate image placeholders and other modern features like it's 2020 instead of 2010.

4. Remove all the garbage auto-loaded head dependencies without having to resort to regexing them all out dynamically. This + all the marketing injections kill page performance. Devs want control.

5. Fix the grid system.

Without this there's literally no reason whatsoever to build a website on HubSpot. They'll always be subpar because of these things.

sharonlicari
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hey @Ntbrown 

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so could you please share a screenshot?

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Ntbrown
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

issue.PNG