CMS Development

SStaffan

Resources Search Option

SOLVE

Hi, currently, we have a Resources page here - https://www.telesystem.us/resources

And we are looking to have a search function that will only search that page for specific names or topics. So Wi-Fi would take you to only the wifi articles on that page.

Can I tag each post in order for the search to find them? I am so lost on how to make this work.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

Resources Search Option

SOLVE

@SStaffan - there are a handful of developers on the Community such as myself or my partner @BarryGrennan who could work on a project like this. If you browse through the Community we tend to have contact details in our signatures 🙂

There's also a Jobs Board in the navigation above or another option is posting to the #jobs channel in the HubSpot Developers Slack

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

Freelance HubSpot CMS Developer

Website | Contact

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Stephanie-OG
Key Advisor

Resources Search Option

SOLVE

Hi @SStaffan 

It looks like each of the rows with a card or two uses a separate "Flexi Cards" module that doesn't currently have that kind of data. 

There are different ways to do this. Typically, if I were starting from scratch, I'd probably recommend to set up your Resources page using HubDB - it scales well and is useful for adding things like filters. 

With your setup you could maybe do a workaround like update the module with a "Tags" field with your various tag types (e.g. WiFi), then add those to a data attribute in the HTML of each card and then use JavaScript to find cards with those tags and hide the others.

With your current setup, though, because each set of cards is on a different row, it would look a bit strange since, if the tag included the left card on row one and the right card on row two, it would simple hide the other cards and you'd be left with blank spaces where they should be. But maybe there's another hacky workaround to that. 

So, ultimately, rebuilding it with something like HubDB might be your best bet which would need to be done by a developer. This would probably take several hours. Although they could always scrape the page to pull the data so that you don't have to copy and paste all the resources into your HubDB table. 

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

Website | Contact

0 Upvotes
SStaffan

Resources Search Option

SOLVE

Thank you! Where could I find the correct person to get a quote to do that?

0 Upvotes
Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

Resources Search Option

SOLVE

@SStaffan - there are a handful of developers on the Community such as myself or my partner @BarryGrennan who could work on a project like this. If you browse through the Community we tend to have contact details in our signatures 🙂

There's also a Jobs Board in the navigation above or another option is posting to the #jobs channel in the HubSpot Developers Slack

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

Website | Contact