CMS Development

Kwaltrip
Participant

Replacing Home Page Slider

SOLVE

Hello,

After researching homepage sliders, I've noticed that they are not recommended as most people only click the first or second image. I am attempting to redesign our homepage. My design question is two-part:

1. Is it possible to create a homepage "slider image" type layout that can showcases 3 images without actually sliding, each with a clickable surface area or CTA?

2. How can I create responsive images that pop/expand slightly when scrolled over? 

What I am trying to accomplish is to have 3 images with CTAs on the homepage, above the fold, that display at about 60% opacity and when each of the 3 is scrolled over, they expand slightly to pop out a little bigger than the other two AND display at 100% opacity to further stand out from the other options? Does this make sense? 

Thank you! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Kwaltrip   See below for answers to your queries.

1. Is it possible to create a homepage "slider image" type layout that can showcases 3 images without actually sliding, each with a clickable surface area or CTA?

You should be able to do this within the Design Manager.  You can split a single rich text module into three sections, and link a photo within the module's source code.

2. How can I create responsive images that pop/expand slightly when scrolled over? 

This will take a bit of internediate to advanced coding skills, but can be done using either Javascript or CSS .

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Kwaltrip   See below for answers to your queries.

You should be able to do this within the Design Manager.  You can split a single rich text module into three sections, and link a photo within the module's source code.

This will take a bit of internediate to advanced coding skills, but can be done using either Javascript or CSS .

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Kwaltrip
Participant

SOLVE

Awesome! Thank you!

0 Upvotes