CMS Development

HarryCopter
Contributeur

Remove blog listing page from sitemap

Résolue

Hello everyone!
So I know that you can't remove a blog listing page from the sitemap. But what do I do if I don't want this page to be indexed and submitted to a sitemap? If I just set noindex tag, I get the error "Submitted URL marked ‘noindex’" from Google Search Console. Probably it could be fixed by permanently removing this blog, but I want to keep this data. Is there are any way to not index a blog listing page and still fix the issue "Submitted URL marked 'noindex’" 

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
piersg
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Seems there's no sure way of doing this in that case. If you just need the data you can either export your blog as HTML files, or as an Excel file using the below method, then you can delete the blog.

Reports > Analytics Tools > Website Analytics.  Ensure you select "Blog posts" as the "Page Type" (in the upper left corner) Click the <Export> link (in the upper right corner) Select " xlsx" as the "File Format". This export will get a complete report of blog posts, including name, author, URL, tags, dates, campaigns, etc.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
piersg
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Seems there's no sure way of doing this in that case. If you just need the data you can either export your blog as HTML files, or as an Excel file using the below method, then you can delete the blog.

Reports > Analytics Tools > Website Analytics.  Ensure you select "Blog posts" as the "Page Type" (in the upper left corner) Click the <Export> link (in the upper right corner) Select " xlsx" as the "File Format". This export will get a complete report of blog posts, including name, author, URL, tags, dates, campaigns, etc.

piersg
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Hi @HarryCopter, you could block the blog in robots.txt. 

User-agent: *
Disallow: /my-blog*

It isn't a 100% certain solution however, as per this Google FAQ "Google may still decide, based on external information such as incoming links, that it is relevant. If you wish to explicitly block a page from being indexed, you should instead use the noindex"

0 Votes
HarryCopter
Contributeur

Résolue

Thank you for your answer
I'm afraid then I will get this error "Submitted URL blocked by robots.txt"
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/7440203#submitted_but_blocked

0 Votes