CMS Development

tmattocks
Participant

Remove Menu when screen scrolls

SOLVE

I would like to remove the green menu that pops up as you scroll down the page. This is the new page I am working on. I cloned the menu so I can set it up for this page. https://www.fertrell.com/outlets

Below is the code from the global group for the menu. Can I comment out the part where the menu transitions from the main menu to the green menu? I apologize I am very rusty and just starting to get back into web design and tweaking our site.

<div class="" data-global-widget-path="generated_global_groups/27624406666.html"><div class="row-fluid-wrapper row-depth-1 row-number-1 ">
<div class="row-fluid ">
<div class="span12 widget-span widget-type-cell fixedmenu header-menu" style="" data-widget-type="cell" data-x="0" data-w="12">

<div class="row-fluid-wrapper row-depth-1 row-number-2 ">
<div class="row-fluid ">
<div class="span12 widget-span widget-type-cell " style="max-width:95%;float:left;margin:0 auto;" data-widget-type="cell" data-x="0" data-w="12">

<div class="row-fluid-wrapper row-depth-1 row-number-3 ">
<div class="row-fluid ">
<div class="span10 widget-span widget-type-menu custom-menu-primary inside-menu" style="" data-widget-type="menu" data-x="0" data-w="10">
<div class="cell-wrapper layout-widget-wrapper">
{% menu "module_14661547815449522" root_type='site_root', site_map_name='Main Menu', site_menu_name='default', max_levels='6', cell=False, cells='[]', root=False, row=False, wrapping_html='', flyouts='true', flow='horizontal', overrideable=False, label='Advanced Menu' %}</div><!--end layout-widget-wrapper -->
</div><!--end widget-span -->
<div class="span2 widget-span widget-type-linked_image whitemenulogo" style="" data-widget-type="linked_image" data-x="10" data-w="2">
<div class="cell-wrapper layout-widget-wrapper">
{% linked_image "module_146799033286124895" original_width=754, img={alt='Fertrell - Since 1946. Better Naturally!', height=388, src='https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/3471920/theme_files/logo_Fertrell_white-background.png', width=754, size_type='auto'}, size_type='auto', src='https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/3471920/theme_files/logo_Fertrell_white-background.png', alt='Fertrell - Since 1946. Better Naturally!', img_load_error=False, link='http://www.fertrell.com/', img_alt='Fertrell - Since 1946. Better Naturally!', cell=False, cells='[]', open_in_new_tab=False, root=False, width=754, original_height=388, row=False, height=388, overrideable=False, label='Image' %}</div><!--end layout-widget-wrapper -->
</div><!--end row-->
</div><!--end row-wrapper -->

</div><!--end row-->

</div><!--end row-->
</div>

1 Accepted solution
Kevin-C
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @tmattocks 

So none of the code you've posted controls the visual layout of the page.

You'll need to modify a different part of the code (the JS) or the CSS (my second solution).

Try adding this before the code you posted:

<style>
.header-menu.fixedheader {
  display: none;
  visibility: hidden;
} 
</style
Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Kevin-C

SOLVE

Hey @tmattocks 

You'll probably need to modify the existing JS to do this.

Or

Add this to your CSS:

} 

0 Upvotes
tmattocks
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for your response to my question. Yes, the menu does need an edit. Do you have a suggestion on the current posted code? I was thinking, I may just be able to comment out the part that causes the menu to stick as you scroll down the screen. Looking at the code any suggestions on which lines of code may control this part of the menu?

Thank you again for your response.

0 Upvotes
Kevin-C
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @tmattocks 

So none of the code you've posted controls the visual layout of the page.

You'll need to modify a different part of the code (the JS) or the CSS (my second solution).

Try adding this before the code you posted:

<style>
} 
</style
0 Upvotes
tmattocks
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Kevin, I'll look at the details of the page or template to see if I can find the code or add the CSS you mentioned.