CMS Development

SAbdul

Registeration page hidden email field not being set

SOLVE

Hi All, 

We had an issue where a user we were trying to send an email to register was getting softbounced. We tried to have the user register manually by going to /_hcms/mem/register page, however when they try to register with their email to set the password, the hidden email field is not being set when typing in their email so I keep getting an error saying "Please enter an email address". I even included a javascript onlistner for the following:

<input class="hs-input" name="email_read_only" type="email" value="" id="hs-register-widget-email" disabled>

so once the hs-register-widget-email it would set the below hidden input field
<input name="email" type="hidden" value="">. When i manually inspect the page and set that field by setting the value="email_address", i am getting an message "YOU HAVE NOT BEEN GIVEN PERMISSION TO REGISTER". But I have already added the contact (that has that email associated that I am manually setting) to the list that manages private content access? 

1. Is there a way i can share a custom link to the user so they can sign up even if the email is not being sent to them: from my research there isnt.

2. Is there a way i can have the user manually register on the registration page by typing his/her email and using that to sign in? 

3. Is there an issue with the way i am trying to register an email, because i should not be getting the YOU HAVE NOT BEEN GIVEN PERMISSION TO REGISTER if i have already added the user to the list that has access to private content.

best,

Safan

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Teun
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SAbdul ,

Are you trying to set the value of the hidden field with JavaScript?

If that is the case, you need to dispatch an event to make sure that the value you set is used by HubSpot.

input.dispatchEvent(new Event('input', { bubbles: true }));

If you do not do this, the HubSpot form inputs will be reset or overwritten with data known from HubSpot.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Teun
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @SAbdul ,

Are you trying to set the value of the hidden field with JavaScript?

If that is the case, you need to dispatch an event to make sure that the value you set is used by HubSpot.

input.dispatchEvent(new Event('input', { bubbles: true }));

If you do not do this, the HubSpot form inputs will be reset or overwritten with data known from HubSpot.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.