CMS Development

summercampguru

RSS URL says no style associated with the xml

SOLVE

I was trying to pull out my RSS feed url for a blog aggregator and got this:

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it."

http://info.summercampguru.com/scg-spotlight/rss.xml

Do I need to change settings or a code somewhere?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @summercampguru  This message simply says that the RSS url is raw HTML and doesn't have any styling associated with it (styling in this case would be font designations and other things that make the text look "pretty"). This is typical of RSS feeds as feed readers usualy apply basic styling. You will see this message if you try andview the feed in a browser that doesn't include feed reading capabilities (ie Chrome will not read RSS feeds, while IE and Firefox will both read RSS feeds) If you place an RSS feed in Chrome, you will a long string of HTML, while the other browsers will show readable formattted blog posts. 

The readability depends on the feed reader; there is not a way to adjust the feed to add styling.

Ed   

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @summercampguru  This message simply says that the RSS url is raw HTML and doesn't have any styling associated with it (styling in this case would be font designations and other things that make the text look "pretty"). This is typical of RSS feeds as feed readers usualy apply basic styling. You will see this message if you try andview the feed in a browser that doesn't include feed reading capabilities (ie Chrome will not read RSS feeds, while IE and Firefox will both read RSS feeds) If you place an RSS feed in Chrome, you will a long string of HTML, while the other browsers will show readable formattted blog posts. 

The readability depends on the feed reader; there is not a way to adjust the feed to add styling.

Ed   

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
summercampguru

SOLVE

Clearly I'm a novice. Should have been using Firefox like I usuallly do.

Thanks so much!

0 Upvotes