CMS Development

jurbank
Participant

RSS Email, Featured Image Variable

In an RSS email, I'm trying to output {{post.featured_image}}

- Nothing happens when I use that variable.

- using {{post}} shows that variable to be empty

- I've verified, the post does infact have a featured image

Here's a short overview video:

https://www.opentest.co/share/22bf8e20c7a111e6912d0ffa3b2d0355

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

<p>The RSS email does not have a separate featured image variable. If the rss feed content has an image, it will be included in the email content. However, it is not available as a separate variable. If you click the "RSS" dropdown in the Email body editor, you can see what variables are available </p>
JonSasala1
Contributor

I would also apprectiate the ability to display just the featured image with {{post.featured_image}}.

Specifically, I am looking to set the featured image to link back to the article but with a UTM. I can make the title link back to the article with a UTM by using <a href="{{post.url}}?utm=value">{{post.title}}</a>. But when the featured image is automatically included in the {{post.summary}} and the link is automatically set, I do not have the ability to force that UTM onto the featured image.

If we can not display the featured image on it's own, is there a way to control the link that gets applied to the featured image in the {{post.summary}}?

jurbank
Participant

I didn't even notice the dropdown. Thanks for pointing that out.

On the other hand, I'm still wondering why I'm able to output that 'featured_img_url' variable and if there's a way to set that.

0 Upvotes