CMS Development

rsthrive
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Pull through custom fields on blog posts listing page

Hi All,

I've added a module to a single post blog template with custom fields on. What I'm trying to do is pull these custom fields through on the listing page. Has anyone done this before? It seems to be a pretty standard thing to do in other CMS's but I'm not sure how to do this in the hubspot cms. Any help is greatly appriciated.

Many thanks

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Jsum
Key Advisor

Hi @rsthrive ,

If you are using a blog template, if the module is in the template, but outside the listing/post option, then it should be applying globally to your blog template. 

If you are wanting to access the content from a module another way, @lscanlan wrote a post here: How to add Featured Video functionality to a blog, that discusses accessing module content from the template. 

My experience is with accessing content from HubL tags between the listing and post template using by making them available in the template context. This isn't really relevant anymore. 

rsthrive
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Hi All, thanks very much for your replies - very helpful. 

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Heya @rsthrive , Pretty sure that you cannot pull from a custom module onto the listing view.  You will need to add those fields within the post template directly and use "export_to_template="true". here is documentation on that: https://designers.hubspot.com/docs/hubl/export-to-template-context

here is the documentation on the tags https://designers.hubspot.com/docs/hubl/hubl-supported-tags

hope this helps

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @rsthrive 

I apologize for the delay answer, could you please share the URL you are working on. This will help the experts I will tag so they will be able to advise you.  

Hey @Anton @dennisedson @Jsum   could you please share your knowledge with @rsthrive  ?     

Thank you

Sharon 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !