Publish Date not accurate on blog listing page

SOLVE
csbeck
Participant

I've created a blog listing page for my client:

http://blog.j2interactive.com/

I've added the code to show the published date: <div class="post-date">{{ content.updated|datetimeformat('%B %e, %Y') }}</div>.

It's showing the correct format for the date, but it's not showing the correct published date. Please take a look at these screenshots that show the listing page and the Design view of blog posts.

ListingPage_ScreenShot_01.pngListingPage_ScreenShot_02.png

It would be great if someone would help determine how to fix this.

Thanks, Chris

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
csbeck
Solution
Participant

I found the error in my code. I was showing the "Content-Updated" date and not the "Published Date". Rookie mistake. This is the code that I am now using in my listing page which correctly shows the published date:

<div class="post-date">{{ content.publish_date|datetimeformat('%B %e, %Y') }}</div>

Hopefully this will help someone in the future.

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
csbeck
Participant

I've had to remove that code from the listing page because the client doesn't want to see incorrect dates. Hopefully this information is enough to help troubleshoot this.

0 Upvotes
csbeck
Solution
Participant

I found the error in my code. I was showing the "Content-Updated" date and not the "Published Date". Rookie mistake. This is the code that I am now using in my listing page which correctly shows the published date:

<div class="post-date">{{ content.publish_date|datetimeformat('%B %e, %Y') }}</div>

Hopefully this will help someone in the future.

Chris

View solution in original post

tdunlavey
Participant

Writing from the future—this helped me. Thank you.