CMS Development

dobradovic
Contributor

Protected Pages and Monitoring, Analytics

SOLVE

How can I make protected pages accessible with email and password, because I want to track thier progress on a particular page? I saw a solution that protects pages only with password but then I don't have user identification.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
alyssamwilie
Solution
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@dobradovic You would need CMS Memberships (which I believe is only available with Marketing Hub Enterprise).

If you're ok without a password and just an email so you're able to do the tracking you could add an if statement to the template to only show the content if a user's email address is known and if it's not show a Hubspot form asking for their email. You would want to set the form to redirect to the very page it's on so that the cookie is created and Hubspot can then see that the email is known.

{% if contact.email %}
your page's contents
{% else %}
hubspot form here
{% endif %}

OR you could combine both the above and the password protect solution you mentoned above, but it wouldn't be very user friendly, as first they'd have to give a password to make the page accessible and THEN give their email to make the content accessible.

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution.

Alyssa Wilie Profile Image

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Learn HubL | Get Marketing Insights

HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner
Lynton's HubSpot theme Rubric now available. Click to download.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
alyssamwilie
Solution

SOLVE

@dobradovic You would need CMS Memberships (which I believe is only available with Marketing Hub Enterprise).

If you're ok without a password and just an email so you're able to do the tracking you could add an if statement to the template to only show the content if a user's email address is known and if it's not show a Hubspot form asking for their email. You would want to set the form to redirect to the very page it's on so that the cookie is created and Hubspot can then see that the email is known.

{% if contact.email %}
your page's contents
{% else %}
hubspot form here
{% endif %}

OR you could combine both the above and the password protect solution you mentoned above, but it wouldn't be very user friendly, as first they'd have to give a password to make the page accessible and THEN give their email to make the content accessible.

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution.

Alyssa Wilie Profile Image

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Learn HubL | Get Marketing Insights

HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner
Lynton's HubSpot theme Rubric now available. Click to download.