CMS Development

ddesa001

Product Filtering

We currently have our website on the HubSpot COS but our product pages are blog pages - meaning our SEO sucks and we need to change that.  However, switching to website pages means we lose the filtering functionality we currently have (setra.com/products).  I'm not a developer or website designer (my forte is graphic design and photography) but is there anyway for someone to explain the kind of HTML I'd have to implement and where to get the filtering functionality back after our blog pages transfer to website pages? Any help is super appreciated!

2 Replies 2
Amoore6
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Product Filtering

Did you get your issue resolved?  HubDb would be the approach I would consider taking.

0 Upvotes
simmpaul
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Product Filtering

As far as I know, once you convert your posts to pages, you would have to manually list the products using a custom module (or a very complicated page template.

If it were me, I'd most likely create a custom module that allows for custom classes (used to filter the products), product image, description, and CTA.

Without getting too far into it, here's a snippet you could use for your single product custom module:

<a href="{{ widget.product_link }}" class="{{ widget.product_custom_classes }} mix post-item colorboxLink " data-bound="" style="display: inline-block;">
<div class="hs-featured-image-wrapper" style="background-image:url({{ widget.product_image.src }})"></div> 
<h3 style="min-height: 60px;">{{ widget.product_name }}</h3>
<span></span> 
<h2 style="text-align: left;"><span style="font-size: 14px; font-family: helvetica;"> {{ widget.product_description }} </span></h2> 
<p style="min-height: 20px;"><br></p>
<div class="more-link">{{ widget.product_cta }}</div>
</a>

Hope this helps!

Simon

0 Upvotes