CMS Development

acoman

Prevent form submit with enter key

I have a strange request where I am looking to see if it's possible to have a form that cannot be submitted by using the enter key.

My form is meant to be a look-up for internal purposes to see if a specific user has unsubscribed from email. I don't want them to be able to submit the form at all. Just to be able to see if someone is unsubscribed and the ability to click the resubscribe message that appears to unsubscribed users on a from.  

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Prevent form submit with enter key

Hey @acoman this isn't possible using HubSpot forms as they were not designed for this goal. It will be far easier for your team to search within the App. 

One way to create a list of ineligible contacts is to pull the information from a previously sent email. If you sent an email to large portion of your contacts database, this can be a good way to get a picture of the ineligible contacts in your portal. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Content > Email.
  • Click on Sent from the left-hand side menu and click the name of your previously sent email.
  • Once in your email, click on the Recipients tab, and then select Not Sent.
  • Click on the List Actions link, and select to Create new list.

This will create a list of all the ineligible contacts for that email send. You can repeat the above steps for any email send.

Another option is to export a list of all unsubscribes and bounces from your HubSpot account, then re-import the csv file that you receive to create a new list. This re-import will create a new list in HubSpot - then you can delete all of the contacts in this list to remove all ineligible contacts.

0 Upvotes