Popup HubSpot form on CTA clickSOLVE
Jul 11, 2018 1:22 AM - edited Jul 11, 2018 1:26 AM
I need to load a hubspot form as a popup upon a CTA click. The objective is to seek GDPR consent when a user submits a signup form. I dont want to include all the GDPR consent text on the webpage as it will make the form very bulky hence we want to popup the GDPR consent form when a user clicks a button.
I understand button click trigger is not possible with lead flows. Is there any other way we can do this
Solved! Go to Solution.
Sep 20, 2018 7:24 AM - edited Apr 22, 2019 2:40 PM
Follow Carefully and reply with questions if you have any trouble.
I'll try to make it as simple as possible 😄
1. Head over to https://startups.belch.io
2. Login with your Hubspot account
3. After logging in, navigate to here https://startups.belch.io/popup
4. Follow the Steps on the right side of the page
1. Choose the HubSpot form you would like to use
2. Style the form and popup (there are a lot of options and configs to play with)
3. Grab the new embed code
5. When you hit the "Grab Embed Code" button, you will see 2 code blocks, the upper code block is your popup with form and the lower code block is your button that will let the user trigger the popup.
6. Copy the upper code and head over to your website and paste it somewhere that allows you to paste html. (i'll use wordpress for an example) Wordpress with Visual Composer or Elementor have "Raw HTML" shortcodes that you can drop the code right into and they work fine. If you aren't using a drag n drop builder, you can put the html somewhere in the header.php file.
7. Grab the lower code, this is just your button that will trigger the popup. Paste that button HTML somewhere in your text. If you are using a wysiwyg in Wordpress, change the view to code view and paste the html in the code view.
I always recommend skipping step #2 for the time being and testing the popup before spending a lot of time configuring the design. You could always come back later and run through step 2 and grab a new embed code and button.
That should be it.
So... what just happened?
If you found this helpful, please, stop back by and let others know.
This is a very popular topic.
One last thing. This tool is a part of the Belch.io tool suite for HubSpot. This popup tool and our main form tool at https://forms.belch.io/ are always free to use and we give you all the code when you hit that "Grab Embed Code" button. We don't hold onto any of your code after you hit that button. (The landing page builder will cost you though :D)
Drop by and say Hi to me on slack.