CMS Development

mariana_pic
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Populate Form Properties with Hubdb tables

SOLVE

I think it would be a good option to be able to create custom coded properties that could be added in the drag and drop form builder.

For instance I have a hubdb table of open positions in my site and I'm creating a form for people to send their resumes. I would like them to select from a drop down which position they are applying to. 

Now I need to add/remove the new position to the hubdb and manually update the property to add/remove it from the form.

The idea is that the selector autopopulates if a change is made to my table.

1 Accepted solution
Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

If you check out the Forms API documentation but, provided it's a HubSpot site (or the tracking code is installed on the site) and the form is set to pass a cookie it should still show track the submission. 

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

HubSpot CMS Design & Development

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Stephanie-OG
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hey Mariana! So, in a nutshell, a CRM contact property field that pulls in the job positions that have been added to HubDB?

I'd recommend posting this in the Ideas forum and also in the #ideas channel on the HubSpot Developers Slack (if you haven't already, check out the developer resources here).

However, as a workaround to the issue at the moment, perhaps you could use a text field on HubSpot for the position and custom code a form on your page with the drop-down options that then submits the chosen position as text through the API (or just pull in the relevant position from somewhere on that position's page).

I hope this helps!

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

HubSpot CMS Design / Development

Website | Contact

0 Upvotes
mariana_pic

SOLVE

Hi Stephanie

Thanks for your answer.

I've posted it in the #ideas channel, I thought this was the ideas forum but it looks like im wrong. Thanks!

About your solution. If i create a custom form am I able to track it as a regular form? How?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

If you check out the Forms API documentation but, provided it's a HubSpot site (or the tracking code is installed on the site) and the form is set to pass a cookie it should still show track the submission. 

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

HubSpot CMS Design & Development

Website | Contact