CMS Development

Scout
Participant

Pop-up Form design limited, or is it just me?

I feel I am missing something.

I can upload a full-size, beautiful Feature Image for the Pop-up Callout or Form, but it renders as a tiny thumbnail in the preview. 

How can I get a larger image to show in Pop-up Callout and Form?

16 Replies 16
cpetrou
Participant

If you haven't already, you may want to check out the new BETA CTA popupbox and CTA popupbox form. It is a complete game changer! This is my first attempt with the new BETA CTAs.

screenshot-popupbox-form-beta.png

0 Upvotes
CGreen36

I also had issue with the size of image for the pop-up.  I was able to resolve the sizing by using an image with a portrait orientation as opposed to a landscape orientation (which looked like a postage stamp on my pop-up).  The perfect image size for me was 300px by 530px, but this size is related to the length of my headlines and the amount of text in my specific pop-up--it will vary, depending on those changable factors, for you.  Just experiment and try different sizes until your image looks perfect.  The good news is that I did not have to mess with CSS to have a bigger image!

Syeda_Fatima
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hey @Scout,

You can use FormPay. This has unlimited themes and custom designs to generate forms according to your business.

I more talking about the FormPay app, feel free to connect with us. Our team of HubSpot experts and website designers can help you create payment collection forms that would absolutely align with your website theme.

And the good part is, this comes at no additional cost. Please feel free to share your custom requirements with us and our team will get it done for you and give you an overview of our app.

0 Upvotes
LisaSenecal

Why is hubspot ignoring this?? People have been asking for better pop-ups for YEARS. It's a joke that Hubspot puts out articles on how pop-ups help with lead gen and then they offer this terrible solution. We want to create interesting pop-ups but all I get to work with is something that shrinks all images into nothing. Does Hubspot actually listen to the knowledge base?

PrestonGoff
Participant

Yes! This really is a significant issue within hubspot's design limitations. We are forced to leave Hubspot and pursue third-party services because of how limited the forms are.

BKelly2
Participant

Agree this needs to be updated!

KFredericksen
Participant

It would be nice to have more styling options for the HubSpot pop-up forms. I'd like to at least be able to change the button color or the font color to really make it "pop."

tajadojo
Participant

I would like to see a pop up form that looks modern. This one is so limited and gives a real out of date low quality look. Sort of embarresing really.

jonchim
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hey @tajadojo@rtrev87 with a bit of CSS styling and overrides you can get the pop up form to look more like a popup. What @alyssamwilie provided above with css styles should get you in the right direction. It's not ideal to modify a popup for but it does the trick if you didn't want to go with a nonhubspot solution.

Jon Chim
VP of Design & Development
Hypha HubSpot Development

check Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Breeziecee

Hello! Just wondering why it isn't ideal to modify a popup? 

0 Upvotes
Kevin-C
Recognized Expert | Partner
Recognized Expert | Partner

To add to @jonchim and @alyssamwilie answers, this might be the perfect thing to post or upvote on the Ideas Board!

For the best results I would further refine your usecases and requirements and submit them!

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev
alyssamwilie
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

Heya @Scout 

Unfortanetly, yes, styling for the pop-up form is very limited. However, if you or someone on your team is able to add to the stylesheet of your site or just the pages you'll have the pop-up form on you can add some CSS to style the form yourself. Something like this:

.leadinModal.leadinModal-theme-default.leadinModal-v3 .dyno-image {
    float: none;
    display: block;
    margin: 0 auto 10px;
    width: 100%;
}
.leadinModal .dyno-image img {
    max-width: 100%;
}
.leadinModal.leadinModal-theme-default.leadinModal-v3.leadinModal-preview h4,
.leadinModal.leadinModal-theme-default.leadinModal-v3.leadinModal-preview .advance-wrapper {
    margin-left: 0;
    text-align: center;
}

Alyssa Wilie
Web Developer
LyntonWeb

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution.

Alyssa Wilie Profile Image

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Learn HubL | Get Marketing Insights

HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner
Lynton's HubSpot theme Rubric now available. Click to download.
Syeda_Fatima

Hi @alyssamwilie 
 If I well understand it, I have to change the CSS of my own website to override the HS style? (with !important ?)

0 Upvotes
bmurray

Can you share what the pop-up form looks liek with that CSS in place?

DanielSanchez
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

Hi Scout,

Popup form is not a popup image.

It's an illustrative image, with text calling for lead capture and not a space for a link banner CTA.  All text in the image must be entered in the text fields of the PopUp Form.

eBooks are great choices for PopUp Form.

Hope this helps.

rtrev87
Participant

Hello Daniel,

Can you give the recommended for the dimensions so that the photos don't show up as smushed?

Is there an option to have a pop up image? Bascially, it would be nice to be able to be more visually appealing.