CMS Development

SMcIver

Non-Hubspot Form Not Being Collected Properly

SOLVE

Hello,

We've recently had a new website built and I've encountered an issue with Hubspot's tracking of our custom forms.

All of the forms are being collected fine apart from our booking form: https://ukmediation.net/mediation-training/the-interpersonal-mediation-practitioners-certificate#boo...

Rather than collect source data, etc., we just get 'This contact was created from Offline Sources from Sales extension' instead, leaving us in the dark with how the customer found the site.

Any advice on how I can diagnose what the issue is, and what I would need to do to start getting this information?

Thanks, 

Scott

1 Accepted solution
coldrickjack
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @SMcIver,

There are a couple of other issues that could impact non-hubspot forms from collecting data, specifically:

• Form is not using a standard <input type="submit"> button for its form submission. The form must have a standard <input type="submit"> button to capture submissions.

Looking at the second form it appears that there are no standard input tags. There are <button> tags but not <input> tags. Also, I noticed it has multiple steps which from my experience can create issues with non-hubspot forms. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
coldrickjack
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @SMcIver,

I think the issue may be that on the initial booking form you aren't actually capturing an email address. You'll see here that there can be issues with capturing data from non-hubspot forms if any of the below are present:

• be a static HTML form.
  • be wrapped in HTML <form> tags.
  • not be in an <iframe>.
  • have an email input field.

From what I can see the initial form doesn't have a value email input field. I can see that the form after that does, but from HubSpots perspective it would be picking that up as a separate form. One option to explore if you had the resources would be to integrate your forms directly using the Forms API. This is often a good approach for more complex forms outside of the standard "Contact Us" or "Newsletter Sign Up" processes. 

I appreciate this might not be the most helpful response but it's just my observations and hopefully sends you in the right direction.

SMcIver

SOLVE

Hi Jack,

Sorry - should have been clearer. It is the subsequent booking form

(for example, https://ukmediation.net/book-course?tickets=1&ref=f5eb0c6e-335e-48b5-8aa1-6977e0069fab),

that is not collecting correctly. 

I've had a look at the article you've linked previously and can't see any reason as to why this particular form isn't picking up information like source data.

0 Upvotes
coldrickjack
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @SMcIver,

There are a couple of other issues that could impact non-hubspot forms from collecting data, specifically:

• Form is not using a standard <input type="submit"> button for its form submission. The form must have a standard <input type="submit"> button to capture submissions.

Looking at the second form it appears that there are no standard input tags. There are <button> tags but not <input> tags. Also, I noticed it has multiple steps which from my experience can create issues with non-hubspot forms. 

0 Upvotes
SMcIver

SOLVE

Thanks, @coldrickjack - very helpful.

I'll look into these.

0 Upvotes