CMS Development

ellimccale
Participant

Non-DND Partials

SOLVE

I'm trying to create a reusable section of HTML that is not drag-and-drop. Partials should work for this. According to this page in the developer docs, it sounds like the template type exists ("templateType: partial"), but the CLI is throwing an error:

ellimccale_0-1674600398455.png

The design manager shows the same error. I successfully used templateType: global_partial elsewhere (not in a DND context), but I don't want this section to be global.

Is this an error? Maybe templateType: partial was removed and the docs weren't updated? Or are partials only intended for DND areas and global_partial doesn't count?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
alyssamwilie
Solution
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

Non-DND Partials

SOLVE

Yea, I think the documentation needs to be updated. When you create a standard partial in the design manager it uses templateType: page for the annotation so it seems partial is no longer the annotation to use. You're instead basically making a page template. The only difference is that isAvailableForNewContent MUST be set to false to be able to use it as a partial.

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 7.25.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 7.27.38 PM.png

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution.

Alyssa Wilie Profile Image

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Learn HubL | Get Marketing Insights

HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner
Lynton's HubSpot theme Rubric now available. Click to download.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
alyssamwilie
Solution

Non-DND Partials

SOLVE

Yea, I think the documentation needs to be updated. When you create a standard partial in the design manager it uses templateType: page for the annotation so it seems partial is no longer the annotation to use. You're instead basically making a page template. The only difference is that isAvailableForNewContent MUST be set to false to be able to use it as a partial.

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 7.25.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 7.27.38 PM.png

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution.

Alyssa Wilie Profile Image

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Learn HubL | Get Marketing Insights

HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner
Lynton's HubSpot theme Rubric now available. Click to download.
ellimccale
Participant

Non-DND Partials

SOLVE

Sure enough, templateType: page worked and the section behaved as a partial with isAvailableForNewContent set to false. I left this value off and it seemed to work the same, though. They must have forgotten to update the docs.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes