CMS Development

wirby
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

No "Link text" editability when creating a "Link" or "URL" field-type field in CMS?

Per https://designers.hubspot.com/docs/building-blocks/module-theme-fields#link I understand the difference between "Link" and "URL" field types (the"open in new window" and "tell search engines not to follow" options).  However, neither provide a field for editing "Link text".  It literally outputs "Link text" hardcoded into the module for both field types, meaning you either have to hardcode your link text or create a separate "Text" field.  Seems silly that the user can't edit the link text.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Anton
Recognized Expert

No "Link text" editability when creating a "Link" or "URL" field-type field in CMS?

Hi wirby,
add a seperate text field and write your module like
...(link/url href settings)
<a href="{{href}}>{{module.link text}}</a>

Best,
Anton
Anton Bujanowski Signature
stefen
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

@wirby you're correct, you have to add a separate link text field. I'll typically create a group called "Button" then add the link and text inside that group so it makes the editting experience a little nicer. You could post to the "Ideas" board if you want to see a text field built into the link field.

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @wirby 

Thank you for the information provided.I'll tag a few experts that can share their experience with you.

Hey @Anton @albertsg @stefen  any thoughts you would like to share with @wirby

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !