CMS Development

Galle
Mitglied

Night Mode Skin/ Interface

lösung

Hi, ppl!

One question, there is night/ dark / black mode interface/ skin for this software?

I was looking into the "Help centre" and there is nothing...Weird hehehe

I guess that many of us have our eyes 😕

Thank you and Happy 2019

2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
jennysowyrda
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @Galle,

There is no additional coloring options available for HubSpot. There are a variety of extensions and softwares you can download on your computer that should allow you to change the coloring of your screen. 

Thanks,
Jenny

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

lscanlan
Lösung
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

I know this thread was more specifically about a dark theme for the entire HubSpot app. But since this was posted in the CMS Development forum, I just wanted to add that there are themes available on the settings page in the Design Manager. You can find the settings in the bottom-right of the Design Manager window. If you click on Settings, you can then select the Settings option, and it will bring you to a page where you can select Code from the dropdown. It should look like this:

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 1.48.16 PM.png

Under the appearance tab, you'll have an option to change the theme for code editing.

As for creating a dark theme for the rest of the HubSpot app, you could create an idea for it here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/ideaslandingpage.

Leland Scanlan

HubSpot Developer Support

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

16 Antworten
AFrost
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

In the short term, I made a simple chrome extension that is dark mode, and it is free, and will always be free. It took me like 10 lines of CSS to do. Silly really. Get it here. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hubspot-dark-af/kijodgofeoecfagdajkeeopenhiobghj

SongAngel
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

You are my hero!

NathanielMaymon
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Please add dark mode! All the brightness is killing my eyes. 

+ it would be super cool!

SVeillon
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

It's wouldn't just be cool.  It should be a requirement now.  

0 Upvotes
jmbray
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

You know, Asana just released a night/dark interface... There are probably a thousand other more pressing things than this cosmetic functionality that would materially enhance the effectiveness of HubSpot to help the growth of all the businesses in your ecosystem... but Night Mode would be so cooooool! 🙂

0 Upvotes
Ameska55
Mitglied

lösung

Is there a way that the 'Create Date' of a touch may be switched to GMT? We're using Hubspot's API to load all our statistics into a data warehouse wherein all other data barring the facts here in Hubspot is in GMT.

0 Upvotes
rwong
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hey guys, I understand that there isn't a dark mode feature in HubSpot at this time, so I would recommend you to upvote this open feature request here: Night Mode in HubSpot.

At the same time, wanted to share this 3rd party Chrome extension that I came across and tried out. It's called Dark Mode for HubSpot and it's not bad! worth checking out in the meanwhile 🙂

Rebecca Wong
Senior Technical Consultant
Professional Services | HubSpot
nancygstorech
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

The crome extension is working, I just downloaded it. Definitely, it'll be better to have it right from Hubspot features. Thanks for the info @rwong! My eyes thank you! 

rwong
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Ah, thanks for the update @nancygstorech! Glad that the extension helped, but agreed that if we had an in-app setting too. Going to update my original thread that the extension is available again 🙂

Rebecca Wong
Senior Technical Consultant
Professional Services | HubSpot
BFK
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hello, I would very much like to see a dark mode/Black mode for Hubspot. I have this for my Google and Microsoft set ups and find it much easier for my eyes. Thank you

lscanlan
Lösung
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

I know this thread was more specifically about a dark theme for the entire HubSpot app. But since this was posted in the CMS Development forum, I just wanted to add that there are themes available on the settings page in the Design Manager. You can find the settings in the bottom-right of the Design Manager window. If you click on Settings, you can then select the Settings option, and it will bring you to a page where you can select Code from the dropdown. It should look like this:

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 1.48.16 PM.png

Under the appearance tab, you'll have an option to change the theme for code editing.

As for creating a dark theme for the rest of the HubSpot app, you could create an idea for it here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/ideaslandingpage.

Leland Scanlan

sdbjksdvjkvjksd
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Leland,

Many thanks for this idea. Do you know if I need full admin access to access this setting/design manager? I cannot seem to find the option. 

Further, would themes created via this method affect other users beyond my self (I'm a mere rep/user).

Thanks in advance,

Nick

0 Upvotes
lscanlan
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

Hi Nick,

So it's possible you don't have permissions for the Design Manager in your account. We have the different user permissions listed out here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/hubspot-user-roles-guide. So that settings page will only work in the Design Manager, because it's for code editor settings. It wouldn't effect how other app pages look. I wanted to include it here since this post was in the CMS developer forum. But if you are in the Design Manager, you should see it in the bottom right. We have some more details on it here: https://designers.hubspot.com/blog/now-live-customizable-cms-developer-settings-for-coded-files.

But again, definitely feel free to submit an idea for app-wide themes. It sounds like there are other users who like the idea, and the more votes an idea gets, the more visibility it will have.

Leland Scanlan

jennysowyrda
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @Galle,

There is no additional coloring options available for HubSpot. There are a variety of extensions and softwares you can download on your computer that should allow you to change the coloring of your screen. 

Thanks,
Jenny

sdbjksdvjkvjksd
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

yes please create a night mode. this glare is killing my eyes. The issue with extensions is that there is it doesn't work with all elements of all pages, thus you need to turn it on and off. 

willcurran
Stratege/Strategin

lösung

Hubspot should definitely have a dark mode in the future. Sure we can use Dark Reader to skin it, but it breaks a lot of the software and certain elements like the deals in the board view don't go dark.