CMS Development

janath
Mitglied

Newsletter - Placing pictures next to each other (beginner)

lösung

Hi, I'm really sorry if this is an obvious question, but I struggled for 3 days now trying to place pictures next to eachother in the newsletter. Instead of picture box after picture box underneath eachother. They are all upright and not very big, so it doesn't look great at all to have a tiny picture in the middle, and another one right underneath,

Thanks so much in advance for any advise,

Jana

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Nynke_HM
Lösung
Stratege/Strategin | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @janath ,

Ah you're using the drag and drop editor. I didn't know. That's the reason you can't add a table. You can use it in the classic editor. But in this case I would recommend to change/add the right the lay-out and add images in there:

Community - lay out uitleg.png

Then they should be aligned if you make sure they're the same size.

Good luck with finishing your email!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

8 Antworten
Nynke_HM

lösung

Hi Janath,

Have you tried to use a rich text field with a table to put images in, in stead of image modules? You could try replace the image module with a rich text and then add the table in the email editor (in stead of the Design Manager). 

When editing the email, use the table to put the images side by side. Place them in different cells to make alignment easier.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Hope this 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
janath
Mitglied

lösung

Dear Nynke_HM,

thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

Seems like a good idea, i'm just not sure how to insert the image into a text field / add a table in the text field to add images? if you have any hints they would be most welcome.

Thanks again, Jana

0 Upvotes
Nynke_HM

lösung

Hi @janath ,

Here are some screenshots to help you do this:

Step 1:

1. Create a new email and add a table to the rich text module1. Create a new email and add a table to the rich text module

Step 2:

2. Insert an image in one or more table cells2. Insert an image in one or more table cells

Step 3:

3. align your images as you want them to be: left, right, center, top, bottom etc and adjust size3. align your images as you want them to be: left, right, center, top, bottom etc and adjust size

Hope this helps!

Nynke

janath
Mitglied

lösung

Hello Nynka, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed explanation, you're very kind and it is most helpful. I'm really just starting out and am perhaps a bit dense with this... I added a text module (from the left content side) , but don't see the options your screenshots are showing for adding a table. It's showing the options for adjusting the font, and adding in emojis or personalized tokens, but not adding in a table.

Does this perhaps have to do with that i'm not seeing options for rich text / HTML /  Plain text on top, as your screenshot is showing?

I'm feeling rather stupid, but just tried for half an hour and can't make it work!

Jana

0 Upvotes
janath
Mitglied

lösung

@Nynke_HM  here is a screenshot. It's in German, but you get the idea. Not sure how I get to the option you described 😞

hubspot.jpg

0 Upvotes
Nynke_HM
Lösung

lösung

Hi @janath ,

Ah you're using the drag and drop editor. I didn't know. That's the reason you can't add a table. You can use it in the classic editor. But in this case I would recommend to change/add the right the lay-out and add images in there:

Community - lay out uitleg.png

Then they should be aligned if you make sure they're the same size.

Good luck with finishing your email!

janath
Mitglied

lösung

Dear @Nynke_HM  , aaah fantastic, that absolutely solved my problem!!! Thank you so much. I appreciate you putting in your time.

Best, Jana

0 Upvotes
Nynke_HM

lösung

@janath Good to hear, thanks!!

0 Upvotes