CMS Development

Margot

New template

SOLVE

I'm new to HubSpot...I cloned a template, renamed it, and made some modifications. I made sure to save it.

Went to content staging, started a new page, and when I went to select my new template, it was there, but was the unmodified version—without my saved changes.

Here's what the manual says...

• Save - the save option saves the draft of the template that you are working on, but does not make any changes live for content published using that template.

What is DOES NOT say is how to get the new template so it can be applied to a new page.

There is a PUBLISH button, but I have no idea what it does, and am too chicken to click it.

Please, please help! I'm spending so much time spinning my wheels, punctuated with sessions of sobbing...couldn't find any real specific step-by-step in the docs or videos, just generic stuff. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

New template

SOLVE

@Margot,

You want to publish your cloned template in order for the changes to made available globably. The save option is like a place saver on the template but doesn't actually take effect except for in the design manager.

If it is a coded file, when you hit publish make sure that the box is checked in the popup that asks if you want the template to be made available. 

Don't be scared of publish, publish is your friend. If for whatever you make changes an publish but want to revert back, you can go to actions -> revisions in the top left of the design manger for that template and you will find all of your past revisions of that template.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

New template

SOLVE

@Margot,

You want to publish your cloned template in order for the changes to made available globably. The save option is like a place saver on the template but doesn't actually take effect except for in the design manager.

If it is a coded file, when you hit publish make sure that the box is checked in the popup that asks if you want the template to be made available. 

Don't be scared of publish, publish is your friend. If for whatever you make changes an publish but want to revert back, you can go to actions -> revisions in the top left of the design manger for that template and you will find all of your past revisions of that template.

Margot

New template

SOLVE

Thanks!

0 Upvotes