CMS Development

SteveHTM
Top Contributor | Partner

Need some advice on use of the Form tag in HubL

I'm having soem issues with the behavior of the Form tag. I'm trying to use this approach to provide a "meeting request" option in a custom event listing. See:

https://news.zappware.com/events/apac-android-tv-summit

I invoke the tag using a conditional statement like:

{% if widget_data.event_meeting_URL.body.value %} {# if defined, put in a redirect to a meeting form #}
{% form "Meeting Request Time" form_to_use='2add64dc-a394-4a4d-b28b-b8401ace331b', title='Request an Event Meeting Time',
response_response_type='redirect', response_redirect_url={{widget_data.event_meeting_URL.body.value}} %}
{% else %}
{% form "Meeting Request" form_to_use='2add64dc-a394-4a4d-b28b-b8401ace331b', title='Request an Event Meeting (inline)',
response_response_type='inline', response_message="Thank you for your request. We will get back to you with a proposed meeting time."%}

The choice is based on whether I have a meeting link set up or want to respond manually.

This issue is that the parameters of the tag don't seem to function as advertised. The redirect option seems to operate, but the inline response somehow "hangs" the submit process and does not provide user feedback. In both cases the title parameter does not give the expected result (minor irritant).

Any help on this one?

Steve Christian

HTM Solutions

https://info.htmsolutions.biz/meetings/stevec2

mobilePhone
+1 6195183009
emailAddress
stevec@htmsolutions.biz
website
www.htmsolutions.biz
address
San Diego, CA
Create Your Own Free Signature
0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @SteveHTM  

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I am wondering if you were able to resolve this or if you still need assistance on this matter?     

Thank you

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
SteveHTM

Thanks for the follow up. In fact I have continuing problems with the use of this tag where it seems the tag paramaters supplied in the HubL setup are simply ignored - or perhaps it might be better to say "overridden" by the forms dialog that comes up in the blog post editor. 

I can work around the shortcomings of HubL here by manually editing the forms dialog - but the gap that I'm apparently seeing between documented behavior and axctual use seems very dramatic. I'd definitely welcome some sanity check here.

Steve 

Steve Christian

HTM Solutions

https://info.htmsolutions.biz/meetings/stevec2

mobilePhone
+1 6195183009
emailAddress
stevec@htmsolutions.biz
website
www.htmsolutions.biz
address
San Diego, CA
Create Your Own Free Signature
0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @SteveHTM 

Thank you for letting me know. 

I will tag a few experts that will be able to give you some tips 🙂

Hey @Dennis-DWFB @Anonymous  could you please share your knowledge with @SteveHTM ?

Thank you 

Sharon 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes