CMS Development

sam-wrapmgr
Participant

Need ideas on how to create static pages (similar to Jekyll pages, but w/in HubSpot)

Hello! 

I'm trying to create unique SEO-friendly landing pages for 1000's of money managers that visitors can search on my website. Right now, the pages are designed as blogs within HubSpot with the unique information on each money manager/product pulling from a database that was custom coded for us several years ago and filling as personalization tokens. Unfortunately, this means that it looks to search engines that we have 2,000+ identical pages on our URL that are all about "Researching Money Managers". 

After speaking with a few developers, a friend suggested creating static Jekyll pages. Unfortunately HubL doesn't play nicely with Jekyll I found out this morning. 

Has anyone faced a similar problem? What was your solution? Do you have an idea that might work? 

At this point, I don't have the resources or bandwidth to create 2,000+ unique / SEO friendly landing pages for each of the money managers, but it's severly hurt our traffic to lose them! 

Thanks! 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

Need ideas on how to create static pages (similar to Jekyll pages, but w/in HubSpot)

Hubspot is not the best tool when it comes to highly complex websites. 2000+ pages and SEO friendly is a hard combination! For 2000+ pages that's not SEO friendly I would suggest HUBDB +  query parameter.

If you got developers on your team or the $ to spend on development, I would suggest looking a creating an web service that connects you DB to Hubspot's COS Page Publishing API. This would allow to to create, update or delete pages automatically via the API.

0 Upvotes
sam-wrapmgr
Participant

I probably should have mentioned that our current database is API enabled with the HubSpot API so that we can create, update and delete pages as it stands now. 

Unfortunately because of the way that it integrates it's just not working. 

0 Upvotes
ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

Since you already have your DB API enabled, I would suggest looking into why it's not working for your use case. Can it be modified to work?

I can't think of another way to achieve what your looking to do. With Jekyll, you have control of the mod_rewite rules to make SEO friendly URL's dynamic and data driven. The path is rewitten on the back end to query parameters that can load data from a db

In Hubpsot, you don't have that level of control.

0 Upvotes