CMS Development

suniltodkar
Participant

Need a tag name as a page title once I click on particular tag topics in blog post

SOLVE

I have a blog listing and there is right sidebar as  a topics once i click on perticular tags in blog post in sidebar listing links, there sholud be link name as a page title. How to achive it using hubspot?

problem 1.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

Need a tag name as a page title once I click on particular tag topics in blog post

SOLVE

@Craig - The tag/topic page title is going to be something like "Your Blog Name | Tag Name", so you can split from the "|" to get the tag/topic name. Check out the documentation here

{% if tag %}
  <h3>Posts about {{ page_meta.html_title|split(' | ')|last }}</h3>
{% endif %}

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

Freelance HubSpot CMS Developer

Website | Contact

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Stephanie-OG
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi there!

You can use HubL's blog_topics function to retrieve the topics and then loop through each one, like this:

{% set my_topics = blog_topics('default', 250) %}
<ul>
  {% for item in my_topics %}
    <li><a href="{{ blog_tag_url(group.id, item.slug) }}">{{ item }}</a></li>
  {% endfor %}
</ul>

When you click through to the topic page, you can use the following to retrieve the topic name from the URL and print it out as a title: 

{% set topic_name = topic|replace('-', ' ')|title %}
<h1>{{ topic_name }}</h1>

I hope that helps!

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

HubSpot Design / Development

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

Craig
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@Stephanie-OG is this still the only way to achieve this functionality? We have more complex topic names that don't fit a standard character replace - eg camel case, hyphens that form part of the tag name and need to stay, etc.

0 Upvotes
Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Craig - The tag/topic page title is going to be something like "Your Blog Name | Tag Name", so you can split from the "|" to get the tag/topic name. Check out the documentation here

{% if tag %}
  <h3>Posts about {{ page_meta.html_title|split(' | ')|last }}</h3>
{% endif %}

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

Freelance HubSpot CMS Developer

Website | Contact

Craig
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@Stephanie-OG great idea - thanks, all working.