CMS Development

kcanize

Need Navigation to Pop Open to a New Webpage

SOLVE

Hello! 

Hoping someone could please help me out with something that I'm struggling with in my icon module on my homepage: www.ovationtravel.com/ovation-travel-group-2018

When Leisure is clicked in the middle menu, I want that webpage to pop open in a completely new window, but I can't figure out how to do that. Does this require custom coding?

Thank you for your help! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
tjoyce
Solution
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@kcanize - Gotcha, if you don't have access to edit that element, and @Jsum answer can't work, you can drop this javascript in the footer of your page and it should work:

<script>
$(function(){ $('.icon-module').each(function(){ $(this).find('a').each(function(){ if($(this).text().trim().toLowerCase() == 'leisure'){ $(this).attr('target', '_blank'); } }); }); });
</script>

If this answer helped, please, mark as solved 😄

tim@belch.io | forms.belch.io | Design your own Beautiful HubSpot Forms; No coding necessary.

Drop by and say Hi to me on slack.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
tjoyce

SOLVE

@kcanize - Looks like that an HS menu, just go to Settings->Website->Navigation; find your Leisure menu item and then follow the screenshot instructions below.

Monosnap 2018-09-26 07-38-52.png

tim@belch.io | forms.belch.io | Design your own Beautiful HubSpot Forms; No coding necessary.

0 Upvotes
kcanize

SOLVE

Hi, thanks for the response.

I am actually looking to edit that navigation in the middle:

Untitled-1.jpg

I tried to change that under Settings->Website->Navigation but I didn't see the options to change it there. That area is an icon module, and I don't see anywhere in the icon module where I can change it to pop open in a new window.

0 Upvotes
tjoyce
Solution

SOLVE

@kcanize - Gotcha, if you don't have access to edit that element, and @Jsum answer can't work, you can drop this javascript in the footer of your page and it should work:

<script>
$(function(){ $('.icon-module').each(function(){ $(this).find('a').each(function(){ if($(this).text().trim().toLowerCase() == 'leisure'){ $(this).attr('target', '_blank'); } }); }); });
</script>

0 Upvotes
kcanize

SOLVE

That worked, thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Jsum
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@kcanize

If you are able to add attributes to your <a> tags then you can use the 'target' attribute: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_a_target.asp

Need help? Hire Us Here

0 Upvotes