Navigation Bar from scratch

SOLVE
joshdev99

Hello guys I am new in HubL CMS development. I want to build a navbar from scratch but when I try to, css styles wont apply. I am using the Hubspot boilerplate. Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Anton
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hi @joshdev99

if you want to build an own nav-bar:
- create a new HTML file(if you want as global-partial but in this case it shouldn't be necessary)

- work with the grid system(HubSpot still uses Bootstrap 2 by default) you'd like to create the layout you want. If you want to work with something else e.g Bootstrap4 modify the base.html file
- use the menu module and other modules to create the desired menu. Info: Mega-menus are a **bleep** of a custom job and this is something that needs a lot of custom work. If you want to create a mega-menu I recommend you to create a custom module for this - it's definitly not an easy job. @dennisedson: idea 😁

- add your classes to the HTML file

- create a new CSS file with all of your stylings(or write them - for test purposes - directly into the theme-override.css)

- add the CSS file into the main.css file or after the main.css and theme-override.css in the base.html

Hope this helps, 

best, 

Anton

@dennisedson - not half bad at this HubSpot dev stuff...😶 thank you. Rather tell me how i can use giphy in the community 😎

check
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
dennisedson
Community Manager

Hey @joshdev99 !

Might need to add some code so we can see what you are up to.  Because I yelled at @Anton for another post you did, I will yell at him again 😀

He is not half bad at this HubSpot development stuff

Thanks,

Dennis

Check out our Community Developer Blog
where we feature our Community driven developer podcast and how to content
Anton
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hi @joshdev99

if you want to build an own nav-bar:
- create a new HTML file(if you want as global-partial but in this case it shouldn't be necessary)

- work with the grid system(HubSpot still uses Bootstrap 2 by default) you'd like to create the layout you want. If you want to work with something else e.g Bootstrap4 modify the base.html file
- use the menu module and other modules to create the desired menu. Info: Mega-menus are a **bleep** of a custom job and this is something that needs a lot of custom work. If you want to create a mega-menu I recommend you to create a custom module for this - it's definitly not an easy job. @dennisedson: idea 😁

- add your classes to the HTML file

- create a new CSS file with all of your stylings(or write them - for test purposes - directly into the theme-override.css)

- add the CSS file into the main.css file or after the main.css and theme-override.css in the base.html

Hope this helps, 

best, 

Anton

@dennisedson - not half bad at this HubSpot dev stuff...😶 thank you. Rather tell me how i can use giphy in the community 😎

check
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post