CMS Development

KathrynKosmides
Miembro

Nav Bar Won't Work in HubL

resolver

Hey community! 

I'm trying to work on transitioning our blog over from Medium to one hosted on Hubspot...But, we're having a whole lot of trouble getting our main website header/nav bar to work in Hubspot's language. 

Here's the problem laid out by our CTO: 

We are trying to set up a blog in Hubspot and would like to use the header/navbar and footer from our main site. We have no problems with the footer. However, our navbar is a little complicated. First, it needs to be responsive. Second, it has a pull-right section and a pull-left section. Third, one of the menu items needs to open a bootstrap modal which contains a form. And fourth, it uses a lot of javascript to do animation and transformation on scroll. Items 3 and 4 seem to prevent us from using the menu or advance menu modules, so we have been trying to use a custom html module. However, when we do, it seems Hubspot is triggering the bootstrap collapse class on the navbar regardless of the screen width breakpoint. Is there anything we can do to make the navbar behave as expected in a custom html module?

Could anyone help us with this or lead us to someone who can? We're trying to solve asap so any help would be immensely appreciated!

Best,
Kathryn 

1 Soluciones aceptada
Jsum
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

@KathrynKosmides,

You were previewing the custom module which isn't connected to the javascript in the template so the model wasn't working for you. Use the template preview in order to see the full template code applied. 

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

5 Respuestas 5
Jsum
Asesor destacado

resolver

@KathrynKosmides,

90% of the blog templates I build in Hubspot require me to recreate the header of the main site. It can be a pain. If you'd like to pm me I could solve the issue for you. If you'd like me to guid you to fixing it I would need links to your main site and the hubspot version so that I can find the issue. 

0 Me gusta
KathrynKosmides
Miembro

resolver

Thanks @Jsum! Good to know we're not the only ones who have trouble with this. I will send you a direct message now. 

0 Me gusta
Jsum
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

@KathrynKosmides,

You were previewing the custom module which isn't connected to the javascript in the template so the model wasn't working for you. Use the template preview in order to see the full template code applied. 

KathrynKosmides
Miembro

resolver

Thank you so, so much! You saved us a ton of time and headaches and I really appreciate your generosity. If we ever need anything in the future, I'll be sure to reach out to you first! 

Jsum
Asesor destacado

resolver

happy to help!

0 Me gusta