CMS Development

squatchcreative
Colaborador(a)

Multiple choice for Choice Field

I haven't been able to find anything on this.  If you make a custom field for a module and it's a Choice field (you want to implicitily determine what choices are available), is there option to make it multiple choice?  It's 1 and only 1? 

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/building-blocks/module-theme-fields#choice

I could see turning this into a repeatable field to get around that but it seems silly.  Any insight?

Thanks for the help!

3 Respostas 3
piersg
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

Hi @squatchcreative, very sorry, I didn't see you had responded. I think your instinct of turning into a repeatable field is the correct one. The editor can then add as many colours as they want. The problem you'll have is that they can repeat the same colour choice but I guess no one would really do that because it's not very useful!

squatchcreative
Colaborador(a)

I want to allow for multiple choice.  I want to provide a list of options and allow a user to select multiple choices.  Is there a field type that allows for multiple choices?  Is there a way to allow the Choice field to have multiple selections?  

For example, I make a field where I say "Pick your favorite colors", then provide several colors to choose from, and the content creator can pick more than 1.  

How can you provide a multiple choice selection for a content creator?

0 Avaliação positiva
piersg
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

Hi @squatchcreative, you're correct, the Choice field is only for 1 option, as per the documentation: "pick 1 item out of a list of options". What are you trying to achieve? That will help us suggest other solutions