CMS Development

DanBQ
Participant | Elite Partner

Multilingual search function

SOLVE

Hi, I am trying to target language-specific search results in the hubspot search function on this site https://www.cogencyglobal.com/en-gb/ at the moment it shows everything on the us site and uk site when using the site search functions.

I know when I add the prefix &language=en-gb to the end of a search it works. EG: https://www.cogencyglobal.com/search?term=court+searches&language=en-gb but I'm unsure about how to actually implement this so it automatically adds the prefix if you're using the search function on the UK site.

On a side note - I also need a UK version on the search results page - this isn't an option in HubSpot, are there any workarounds?

Many thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hey Dan, 

You can clone the "Site Search Input" module to create your own custom search and add in hidden inputs to specify parameters. So you could add in the limit like this: 

<input type="hidden" name="limit" value="5">

or the language like this: 

<input type="hidden" name="language" value="en-gb">

You can add it in below HubSpot's parameters:

language parameter.png

What I'm struggling a little with is setting the language condition to check for the page language. In theory you should be able to use content.language.languageTag to get the language like this:

{% if content.language.languageTag == "en-gb" %}
{% endif %}

But it doesn't seem to be working for me :S

I suppose you could also set it directly in the module similar to the settings HubSpot has for content types. 

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

HubSpot CMS Design & Development

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hey Dan, 

You can clone the "Site Search Input" module to create your own custom search and add in hidden inputs to specify parameters. So you could add in the limit like this: 

<input type="hidden" name="limit" value="5">

or the language like this: 

You can add it in below HubSpot's parameters:

language parameter.png

What I'm struggling a little with is setting the language condition to check for the page language. In theory you should be able to use content.language.languageTag to get the language like this:

{% if content.language.languageTag == "en-gb" %}
{% endif %}

But it doesn't seem to be working for me :S

I suppose you could also set it directly in the module similar to the settings HubSpot has for content types. 

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

DanBQ

SOLVE

Perfect solution, thank you!

0 Upvotes
Stephanie-OG
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I'm glad that helped! Smiley Happy I also wrote a post that hopefully anyone else who comes across this might find useful: Add parameters to your HubSpot site search input module

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

Website | Contact

0 Upvotes