CMS Development

sanjeevkumar
Participant

Multi-language Blog

SOLVE

Hi,
I want to create a multi-language blog. Can anyone help me with how I can do that?  

Kind regards,

Sanjeev

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Multi-language Blog

SOLVE

Hi @sanjeevkumar 

Its a bit tricky, but it can be done. You might find this article useful: Removing the Language Barrier: A Multi-Language Module for HubSpot Blogs 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

Snaedis
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Multi-language Blog

SOLVE

Hi @sanjeevkumar

We have a beta for multi-language blog which I can add you to. Please send me your portal ID: svalsdottir@hubspot.com

- Snaedis 

Snaedis Valsdottir
Associate Product Manager, CMS Publishing

MichaelSmith
Solution
Participant

Multi-language Blog

SOLVE

Hi there!@Sanjeev, I saw you solved the problem, but here is one solution you may consider. 

Hubspot is now supporting managing content for global audience, you can add translations, set default language, and add language switcher to your site as well. For detail, you can refer to https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-general/how-to-manage-multi-language-content-with-hubspots-cos#edi...

Additionally, to effectively engage with your audience and improve user experience, you can auto dispaly local language based on their locations. When the language is changed, it adds a parameter to the URL, like example.com?lang=fr, or example.com?lang=en. IP geolocation technology detects your visitors' locations by IP, for example, Geo Targetly. With its Geo Redirect tool, you can easily set up redirecting rules for countries/regions, each region is associated with individual URL. Thus, when your visitors click you blog, it immediately displays local language tailored to your visiotrs.

Hope it helps!

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
MichaelSmith
Solution
Participant

Multi-language Blog

SOLVE

Hi there!@Sanjeev, I saw you solved the problem, but here is one solution you may consider. 

Hubspot is now supporting managing content for global audience, you can add translations, set default language, and add language switcher to your site as well. For detail, you can refer to https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-general/how-to-manage-multi-language-content-with-hubspots-cos#edi...

Additionally, to effectively engage with your audience and improve user experience, you can auto dispaly local language based on their locations. When the language is changed, it adds a parameter to the URL, like example.com?lang=fr, or example.com?lang=en. IP geolocation technology detects your visitors' locations by IP, for example, Geo Targetly. With its Geo Redirect tool, you can easily set up redirecting rules for countries/regions, each region is associated with individual URL. Thus, when your visitors click you blog, it immediately displays local language tailored to your visiotrs.

Hope it helps!

0 Upvotes
Snaedis
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Multi-language Blog

SOLVE

Hi @sanjeevkumar

We have a beta for multi-language blog which I can add you to. Please send me your portal ID: svalsdottir@hubspot.com

- Snaedis 

Snaedis Valsdottir
Associate Product Manager, CMS Publishing
Phil_Vallender
Solution

Multi-language Blog

SOLVE

Hi @sanjeevkumar 

Its a bit tricky, but it can be done. You might find this article useful: Removing the Language Barrier: A Multi-Language Module for HubSpot Blogs 

Hope this helps.

sanjeevkumar
Participant

Multi-language Blog

SOLVE

Hi @Phil_Vallender 

Thank you for your reply. I will try with this solution and get back if any questions. But for now, I didn't find from where I can put translated content for the blog as I didn't see any option in modules they mentioned. Do I need to add a new translated blog post and link that to a non translated blog?

I hope that makes sense. 

Thanks again.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

Multi-language Blog

SOLVE

Hi @sanjeevkumar 

Yes, I  believe that is correct. My development team did it, not me, but I think you create a blog per language, with posts in that language, and then link them.