CMS Development

Matt_Sciannella
Participante

Multi-language Blog Module

Hey All,

Not a developer at all but need an answer to a question to a module I tried to create.

I wanted to get our multi-language blog off the ground using Nakul Kadaba and James Culter's blog https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/removing-language-barrier-multi-language-module-hubspot-blogs (with help from Jack Codrick's video tutorial).

Problem is, I can't get the Language Switched to work on my blog template. Everytime I try to add it and Publish, it won't appear, and worse it messes with the Blog Template Header:

Original:

Screenshot 2019-06-03 13.33.16.png

With Language Switcher Added But Not Appearing:

Screenshot 2019-06-03 13.32.17.pngScreenshot 2019-06-03 13.32.28.png

I've moved this module basically everywhere I can within the Module and I get the same results.

Anyone have a suggestion? This is literally the only thing that did not go right trying to do this, and I'd really like to conquer this last small hurdle.

Thanks!

4 Respuestas 4
Stephanie-OG
Asesor destacado

Hi Matt!

There could be a number of things interfering with your language switcher module. Could you try: 

1. Cloning the header and adding the language switcher module to it

2. Cloning any template on your portal and adding the cloned header to it

Publish and send is the preview link for that template (under Preview > Preview without display options). That way we can inspect the code and try to figure out what's going on with the header. 

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

HubSpot CMS Design & Development

Website | Contact

Matt_Sciannella
Participante

Hi Stephanie!

Thanks so much for the assist. See link as requested: https://preview.hs-sites.com/_hcms/preview/template/multi?blog_listing=true&content_group_id=null&is...

0 Me gusta
Stephanie-OG
Asesor destacado

Thanks for that!

I ran some tests adding the Language Switcher to templates on my own account and, from what I saw, the Language Switcher module only displays on published multi-language pages

It did not appear when I added it to the template, on unpublished pages (with one or two languages) or on published pages with one language. 

So my guess is that you won't be able to see it until you finish working through the tutorial and create the multi-language versions. It could also be worth joining the Developers Slack to ask: there's a #multi-language channel where the post authors hang out 🙂 

I also didn't see any issue with the header on your preview link, so it doesn't seem to be messing with the styling:

header.jpg

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

HubSpot CMS Design & Development

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

Matt_Sciannella
Participante

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for that. I'm going to do a live test on a blog and see what happens. Will update you here when I get a result.

Appreciate you spending the time to explain that to me!

0 Me gusta