CMS Development

ben-duchy
Top Contributor

Multi filter calculation

SOLVE

I currently have 2 conditions that pulls information from HubDB which displays the amount of a particlar item:

{% set num_reserved = table | selectattr ("plot_status.name","equalto","Reserved") | length %}

{% set num_detached = table | selectattr ("house_type.name","equalto","Detached") | length %}

Total Reserved: {{ num_reserved }} <!--(eg displays 15) -->

Total Detached: {{ num_detached }} <!--(eg displays 5) -->

Is there a way to add these filters together for example show the number of plots that are Reserved AND Detached:

Total of Detached houses that are also Reserved: {{ ? }} <!--(eg displays 2) -->

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ben-duchy
Solution
Top Contributor

Multi filter calculation

SOLVE

Hi @dennisedson,

My apologies for the confusion. I simply wanted to filter out how many rows met both conditions, for example out of the 5 detached properties, 3 are sold. I wanted to see how many are reserved, but at the same time I don't want to include any other house types that are reserved.

Using 2 "| selectattr", I was able to combine the conditions into 1 and therefore calulate how many properties met both criterias:

{% set total_reserved_and_detached = table | selectattr ("plot_status.name","equalto","Reserved") | selectattr ("house_type.name","equalto","Detached") | length %}

{{ total_reserved_and_detached }} <!-- answer gave me 2 --> 😊

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ben-duchy
Solution
Top Contributor

Multi filter calculation

SOLVE

Hi @dennisedson,

My apologies for the confusion. I simply wanted to filter out how many rows met both conditions, for example out of the 5 detached properties, 3 are sold. I wanted to see how many are reserved, but at the same time I don't want to include any other house types that are reserved.

Using 2 "| selectattr", I was able to combine the conditions into 1 and therefore calulate how many properties met both criterias:

{% set total_reserved_and_detached = table | selectattr ("plot_status.name","equalto","Reserved") | selectattr ("house_type.name","equalto","Detached") | length %}

{{ total_reserved_and_detached }} <!-- answer gave me 2 --> 😊

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Multi filter calculation

SOLVE

@ben-duchy 

The last two lines confude me. 

Is there a way to add these filters together for example show the number of plots that are Reserved AND Detached:

This looks like you want to add the two together, so you would have 15 + 5 = 20. 

To get that, you could create a third variable and add the others. 

{% set totes = num_reserved + num_detached %}

{{ totes }}

But the last line seems like you are expecting 2 returned unless you inadvertently left out a 0 😀

@piersg what do you think?

0 Upvotes
piersg
Key Advisor

Multi filter calculation

SOLVE

@dennisedson I believe @ben-duchy wants to show properties that are both reserved and detached.

You could do this:

{% for row in hubdb_table_rows([TABLE ID], "plot_status=Reserved&house_type=Detached") %}
  {{row}}
{% endfor %}