CMS Development

Terry

Multi Step Form Field Submissions

I am following the instructions in this article to create a multi step form.. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/can-i-create-a-multi-step-form

I have created the 2 forms on two pages but when the form is submitted only the information from the second part of the form is submitted, not the first part of the form containing the personl information. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Terry Welcome to the Community. Without looking at your form, it would be hard to find the issue that is causing the failure. The HubSpot Academy resource you referenced above also has three different methods for building the multi-step form. 

You should start by carefully reviewing the process you used to create the form. If you used the redirect method, please note that an email address field needs to be present on both forms. 

If you could share a link to the page where the from is located, I'll do my best to look further, once you've ensured the from is set up correctly. 

Ed 

INBOUND 2017 is just around the corner. Find out more at inbound.com or check out the post on the main Community page and check out the upcoming AMA with Deb Calvert.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Terry

Hi Ed

Thanks for the reply here. I checked the forms and have entered the email as required now but now I get 2 email submissions instead of all the details being on one form. Is this the way its supposed to be? If not is there a way of doing this so that I only get one email with all data?

As for the 3 different methods on that resource, I am using this method...  Create multiple pages that redirect to each other.

Terry

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Terry This is working as designed. Two forms are being submitted, so two ntifications will ensue. An ideas forum post for multi-step forms lives here if you'd like to upvote.

Ed 

INBOUND 2017 is just around the corner. Find out more at inbound.com or check out the post on the main Community page and check out the upcoming AMA with Deb Calvert.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Terry

Hi Ed

Ok good to know then that the forms are operating as the resource has instructed. It seems like dependency fields is the way to go but looks to be too cumbersome due to the amount of rules that needs to be setup to get the next series of questions to show. I'm thinking that as advanced as the hubspot cos is there must be a much easier way to do this. 

I see the link you sent but there is notthing there that discusses this topic. 

Terry

0 Upvotes