CMS Development

YChuskit
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner

Multi-Select Drop Down Field for Hubspot Form

Hi,

I have a list of instuments which I want to add in a Drop down field.

Requirement: provision to select more than 1 instrument.

How can i achieve that ? 

regards,

Yangzin

8 Antworten
NaginnalfR
Teilnehmer/-in

This is a good point we need to do a country drop down but have people working in more than one country. Having a checkbox of over 100 options is not a good look. 

TPScott
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi.

I am also looking for the same feature. I have a list of countries and the HubSpot default is single line text (which is a nightmare for any database), so I created a country list as a multiple checkbox list (as some partners work in multiple countries). However, on a form, it is an incredibly long list. 

It would be ideal to have this Multiple checkbox list displayed as a dropdown select where people can simply search country by name and select the appropriate ones from the list - something similar to what the HubSpot GUI uses for filters. 

Are there any possible fixes/updates/ways around this?

Any help would be appreciated. 

abennett_fp
Teilnehmer/-in

We're going down the route of using Javascript to modify the presentation of the field after it has been rendered on the webpage. That was the only solution I was able to find any reference to in trawling through the various forums and threads.
0 Upvotes
TPScott
Teilnehmer/-in

Thanks! I unfortuantely don't have any javascript skills...

I made a workaround by having the dropdown select as a field and then set up a workflow to append the information to their multiple checkbox property in their profile. So that can then be updated with multiple form submissions from different forms/sources. Not ideal, nor elegant, but functional for now. 

0 Upvotes
abennett_fp
Teilnehmer/-in

Bumping this post - considering the number of uses for multiple select fields, it's surprising this isn't a default feature on a comprehensive CRM tool like Hubspot. For example there are numerous reasons that a form might need to capture multiple country values - do you think anyone wants to scroll through 250+ checkboxes?

jolle
Trendsetter/-in | Partner
Trendsetter/-in | Partner

Hey @YChuskit, thanks for reaching out! This is a great question.

You'll want to create a custom multiple-checkbox property (more info in this HubSpot Knowledge Base article). That will allow the user to select multiple options and send multiple values into HubSpot.

Just note that multiple-checkbox properties display all values on the form (not a dropdown list like you see for dropdown properties).

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
0 Upvotes
YChuskit

Hi @jolle ,

Thank you for your quick reply !! can i not have multiple select check box inside dropdown field? because if there are like 20 items, it won't look good on page right :-{ ...

what all options do i have ? please help.

regards,

Yangzin

rh7
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

0 Upvotes