CMS Development

StewC

Module group CSS ID as link in menu

SOLVE

I have a menu module that uses the CSS IDs of other modules in a page template to navigate to sections of that page (similar in function to an anchor link). In the Advanced Menu item, the ID shows as #cssidname

I don't know how to create that type of menu item, short of cloning. I can change the menu item to one of the other types, such as page URL, but not back again.  Is there another approach to building a menu that supports that?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Brownstephen101
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@StewC If I'm understanding you're question correctly, you would just need to set the link type to URL Link and then add the #IdName as the value.

If you would be clicking this link from somewhere off the page that has the ID, then you would need to make it a page link with URL Parameter and set the page to the correct page and then add "#IdName" as the "URL Parameter".

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
StewC

SOLVE

@Brownstephen101 , yes, I was thinking too narrowly about "URL link" as meaning an external page reference.  And using #ID as a URL parameter was a bonus suggestion. Thanks!

Brownstephen101
Solution

SOLVE

@StewC If I'm understanding you're question correctly, you would just need to set the link type to URL Link and then add the #IdName as the value.

If you would be clicking this link from somewhere off the page that has the ID, then you would need to make it a page link with URL Parameter and set the page to the correct page and then add "#IdName" as the "URL Parameter".

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@pixl_labs , @Brownstephen101 👋

How would you all go about this 👀

0 Upvotes