CMS Development

John
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Module Label Not Working

For any custom module that I choose, the label will only show the internal module name instead of the front facing one.

For example:

{% custom_widget "r_one" widget_name='Part Row Settings', label='Row 1 Setting', export_to_template_context=True %}

only shows

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 2.36.49 PM.png

I like kudos almost as much as cake – a close second.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
jveler_ecrs
Contributor

Module Label Not Working

John, did the label used to work for you? I know it did for me and my designer told me today they were confused because the module names were now all the same and they didn't know which ones they were editing.

I tried the syntax as described in Corey Smith's post, but that's not working for me. I'm using the "custom_widget" module in a custom-coded email template.

It would be nice to have another workaround or this feature added back in.

Did you find another solution that works?

0 Upvotes
John

Module Label Not Working

@jveler_ecrs, it still does not work for me. And mine is a MARKETPLACE TEMPLATE! 

We haven't found a solution. The new syntax will only work in the beta design manager.

-John

I like kudos almost as much as cake – a close second.

0 Upvotes
coreysmith
Top Contributor | Gold Partner
Top Contributor | Gold Partner

Module Label Not Working

Try this syntax instead:

{% module "module_152149335674183" module_id="1617140" widget_name="Widget Name" label="Widget Label" %}

In the beta of the new Design Manager, it gives you the custom code for each module. It seems that Hubspot might be shifting to new syntax. I just tested this on one of my templates and had no issues at all. I was not able to reproduce your issue.

If this doesn't solve it, you might want to reach out to Hubspot Support

Corey Smith
Marketing Strategist • Founder | Tribute Media
Hubspot Platinum Partner • Hubspot Certified Trainer
smith@tributemedia.com

--
Corey Smith
Directory of Digital Marketing
corey@intuitivewebsites.com