CMS Development

CWeissteiner
Participant

Mobile Style Fields in Custom Module

Hello,
since I couldn't find a solution in the documentation I hope you can help me with my question.

In my custom button module I want to give my designer the option to edit the styles depending on screensize (desktop or mobile).

Some HubSpot Default Modules (e.g. the heading) have that functionality. When editing this module and I'm on the styles tab while switching to mobile, most of the styles will disappear and only the spacing section will remain. And once I edit the values for mobile, these will overwrite, whatever is set on desktop.

I already cloned this module to have a look how this function is implemented. But in the fields.json there is no styles group defined.

Does anyone know how to implement this in a custom module?

Thank you and regards,
Christoph

3 Replies 3
HelpfulHero
Contributor

I'm just jumping in here as well to follow this thread as I'm surprised that I can find a simple solution to enable mobile editing for the custom modules I'm creating.

It's been about 6 months since this was posted. Has anyone found any answers or solutions?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
CWeissteiner
Participant

Do you mean that you have a solution for this or not?

Yes, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a solution for this. To be honest I'm surprised, why this is not possible, because it's so common nowadays. Thinking of WordPress every Pagebuilder out there has that functionality. That is what is stopping me from fully migrating everything over to HubSpot CMS.

@Jaycee_Lewis Would you know if HubSpot is working on an update for this feature in the Pagebuilder?

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @CWeissteiner 👋 Thanks for reaching out. Let's see if we can help get the conversation started for you — @Mark_Ryba @Brownstephen101 @Gonzalo, do you have any thoughts here for @CWeissteiner?

Thank you! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot