CMS Development

Mahesh_R
投稿者 | Diamond Partner
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

Migrate Primary domain to HubSpot CMS and leave alone subdomain website pages

解決

We have a primary domain www.xyz.com . The website is now built on Hubspot cms and is ready to be published. We can update GoDaddy and point the records to the new HubSpot website pages.

However, we do not want to move the website pages/content built on subdomains to HubSpot CMS. Example example.xyz.com.

Is this possible? What are the things we need to be careful while doing this migration?

Can someone share their experiences on how you have done this for yourself or for your clients?

Please reply here or email me at mahesh@blueoshan.com Appreciate any help you may offer!

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
Phil_Vallender
解決策
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner

解決

Hi @Mahesh_R 

This is straightforward and achieved by only applying the HubSpot supplied CNAME to the DNS records for your www subdomain specifically. Leave the other subdomains and root alone and nothing will happen to the traffic to those pages. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

元の投稿で解決策を見る

4件の返信
Phil_Vallender
解決策

解決

Hi @Mahesh_R 

This is straightforward and achieved by only applying the HubSpot supplied CNAME to the DNS records for your www subdomain specifically. Leave the other subdomains and root alone and nothing will happen to the traffic to those pages. 

Hope this helps.

Mahesh_R
投稿者 | Diamond Partner
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

解決

Thank you, Phil! 

I have a similar situation with another website.

The website is hosted on Wordpress. They have subscribed to HubSpot CMS. Their blogs are already on HubSpot as blog.xyz.com. Now we have built their resources section on HubSpot CMS. 

Their existing resources section is on the Wordpress site with URL www.xyz.com/resources. Now they would want the same URL structure for the resources section we built on HubSpot CMS. (Their website will still remain on WordPress)

Is this doable? If yes, could you share some links/documents on how we could do this?

Regards,

Mahesh

0 いいね!
EstelleD
メンバー | Solutions Partner
メンバー | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @Mahesh_R ,

I am new to Hubspot CMS , I am having kind of the same question you had... How did you solved it?

A client wants to implement the Hubspot CMS Pro, but only on a subdomain, is it posible? (his website is built on Joomla, for now he does not want to touch it).

Or will I have to create a diferent website/domain exclusively for the Hubspot CMS?

Thanks!

0 いいね!
Phil_Vallender

解決

Hi @Mahesh_R 

I think this is possible only with the reverse proxy support included in CMS Hub Enterprise, but not otherwise. 

Without reverse proxy, WordPress pages and HubSpot pages cannot appear on the same subdomain. 

Hope this helps.