CMS Development

JIp

Merging two CMS themes

Hey! We are in the middle of migrating our website to hubspot CMS. We had hubspot complete a migration of part of our site and then had an external agency also create us a hubspot site. We'd now like to merge those two website into one (they have unique pages from each other), and my understanding is the best way to do that is to merge one theme into another.

Any thoughts?

Josh

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Merging two CMS themes

Hey @JIp 

Are the themes on the same portal? 

They are a lot of variables to consider here.   Each theme will have its on theme settings, css, js etc.  You will need to make sure that there is no bleed.  For example theme 1 has a color for paragraphs set to #ccc and theme 2 has it set to #cecece.  Which one should be used?  That is a just a very basic example.  

@alyssamwilie , @Jake_Lett  do you all have any advice here? 

0 Upvotes
JIp

Merging two CMS themes

Yes they're all in the same portal. Is it possible to not join themes and have different themes on the same website? Would it be easier if we just completely transition to one theme instead of doing a mix and match join of two?

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Merging two CMS themes

Heyo @JIp 

Ultimately, I think having one theme for everything would be the cleanest way to go about it.  Unfortunately, I think making that transition is going to be a bit of grunt work.  You can totally have two or ten themes on a website, but I would worry about the brand design breaking down over time if that makes sense.

0 Upvotes