CMS Development

Desmondo

Mass Importing Contacts with Multiple Values in one Property

SOLVE

Hi All

Wondering if its possible to mass import contacts that have multiple values in one property.  

so example say i got like 200 people and a property with the name TAG

i want to import them all or update them with multiple values in that one property

so say if the values was fit, athletic, swimmer for example and i wanted to import this in one file than do it manually one by one because in all hindsight that will take hours.  

Can this be done onto a CSV file and imported easily ? if so what is the format?

Would be glad for anyone to help me 

1. set the property settings

2. format for upload multiple values in one property

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

In order for multiple options to be selected and recorded, you would need to have the field set up as a multi-checkbox or a multi-line text box (not as user-friendly as it's more difficult to segment by the data in this type of field for lists, filters, etc.). 

In your upload you will need to have the values separated like this for a multi-checkbox: ;value 2;value 3; value 4

ex: Marketing;Technology;Networking

Reference: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-do-i-add-values-to-a-checkbox-field-...

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

In order for multiple options to be selected and recorded, you would need to have the field set up as a multi-checkbox or a multi-line text box (not as user-friendly as it's more difficult to segment by the data in this type of field for lists, filters, etc.). 

In your upload you will need to have the values separated like this for a multi-checkbox: ;value 2;value 3; value 4

ex: Marketing;Technology;Networking

Reference: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-do-i-add-values-to-a-checkbox-field-...

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
DChepik
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Just adding a quick note to your super reply @shearn 

When importing, make sure to not add a ; before the initial value and add a space between the value and ;

Example: Marketing; Technology; Networking

Image attached.

Creando videos fáciles que te ayudarán a solventar retos dentro de HubSpot.
0 Upvotes
abourdon
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for posting this- I was looking for a way to do this for a while. Semicolons were the ticket. I tried colons, spaces, commas, etc and nothing else worked.